The Mechanic

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Percy Jackson, nor Heroes of Olympus, Rick Riordan does

Shadow's POV:

I grabbed my card and summoned my sword but just as I did, I noticed Leo look at it and gain a look of recognition and I cursed.

'I shouldn't have loaned this sword to Ron so long ago' I muttered as I willed it away and grabbed another card and swung my arm to the side again this time summoning a double handed sword that was made out of combination of Aieon and Pit metal, a truly hard weapon to create. The metals repelled each other but after a while the two metals bonded and made a weapon that was truly a sight to see. The blade shone with Aieon while the handle was made out of pit metal. I held the sword in one hand as it was perfectly made for myself. Just then my pit metal sword floated up and flew into the Aieon sword and the blade glowed for a moment before returning to normal.

"What is that?" Leo asked and I laughed

"A sword" I said as I charged the automaton and it spit what was supposed to resemble hydra acid

I jumped forward before grasping the handle of my blade with both hands and raising it above my head to block the attack that a hydra would do when in such close quarters. I then rolled back as two streams of 'acid' hit the spot I was at when suddenly the Hydra's necks sparked. It then lunged forward and hit me hard enough to send me flying into a building. Last thing I heard was Leo letting out streams of curses.

'Now it dies'

Leo's POV:

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!" I chanted as the remote I made stopped working and the Hydra went haywire and launched Shad into a building probably killing him

I quickly sent a prayer to the gods to help when a bright flash of light arrived and Apollo was standing next to me with his bow.

"Thank Olympus" I said and Apollo shook his head in amusement as he notched an arrow and aimed

Just before Apollo fired, a tomahawk flew out of the building Shad landed in and hit the Hydra in the middle neck. Everyone went silent as the weapon embedded itself into the automaton's neck. Then, the rubble exploded as Shad jumped out and ran at a breakneck pace towards the beast, his sword-tip on the ground creating a cloud of dust behind him.

"NEW LESSON, 'How to kill a metal hydra!', Class is now in session" Shad shouted as he raced past us and into range of the Hydra

"He's going to get himself killed..." Apollo said and I shook my head as Shad deflected a head with the flat of his blade before spinning and thrusting his sword into the monster's neck

Shad then pulled out before grabbing his tomahawk with his left hand and shadow traveling backwards out of range. He then dropped the tomahawk into a shadow before charging the hydra again.

"What is he doing?! He has no Fire!" A student said and I rolled my eyes

"SHAD!" A girl in a sweater that looks like it came straight from Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild said and I recognized her as Sarah

Sarah then ran forward and thrust out her arms and a cold breeze came through and everyone shivered.

"Come on..." She said as she tried again

The hydra launched three of it's eight heads at Shad who, dropped into a slide, just narrowly avoiding the strikes. Shad quickly got up and jumped onto one of the necks causing the metal beast to rear up and fling Shad into the air.

We all followed Shad's ascent as he reached the peak he spun around and started plummeting toward the ground while letting out a battle cry. He slammed into the hydra sword first and I thought it was done for, until it spat acid everywhere.