Chapter Five.

Hadrian's Pov.

Days go by and my happiness has stayed. Nothing has been bothering me. Everyone is treating me so well, especially Tom. I think if I would let him he would carry me around and not let me walk at all. The school's start is getting closer and closer.

The Malfoys are going to go shopping for school supplies tomorrow. I know that there is nothing for me in Hogwarts. My friends betrayed me and I am actually treated amazingly here. I just have to suck it up for the idea I have to go through - if I get Tom's permission to even start - I need to go back to Hogwarts. I need to do something about it.

Starting from here, where is Tom? Why is he always gone when I want to talk to him. It is always like that. I feel like I would enjoy some time with my soulmate and he is always hidden somewhere.

The first place to check from would be his working office. Despite common beliefe, Dark Lords have a huge amount of paperwork. I would have never believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes - he is almost drowning in it!

I walk down the hallway. Having the portraits follow your every move with their eyes. The closer I get to the door the more nervous I get. I just don't want him to get angry at me for this idea. I know that it isn't the best from his point of view, but it is all I have and something has to be done about it.

As predicted he is sitting behind his desk, looking bothered. The papers are everywhere. On the table, on the floor and even on the chairs. I really have no idea what half of it is about and I doubt that he does either.

I stop in front of him, I guess he heard me as he takes his eyes away from the papers in front of him and looks me in the eye. A small smile takes over the frown on his face and he motions for me to come and sit on to his lap.

"What seems to be wrong, my dear?"

With no way to draw it out and get more time into my hands I tell him:

"I have an idea that I wish to share with you."

He motions me to talk, to tell him all about the idea I have. I know that he wants to know. This is a vital info for the future of me and him and us.

"Dumbledore knows that Harry Potter is missing, but the best thing to do is to make him think that his golden boy is dead. It is the easiest way for us. If he knows that he is dead he won't look for him."

He quirks one of his eyebrows and asks me how do I plan to do that. Trying to make it the easiest I tell him:

"Let me go back to Hogwarts for this year, as Harry Potter. There is going to be the Triwizard Tournament, make him take part of it and then make it look like he died in the middle or at the end of the tournament. The golden boy would be no more."

By the look I receive, he seems to like the idea, but at the same time, he seems to despise the idea as much. I know why he feels like that. He doesn't want me far away, I don't want that either, but something needs to be done.

"I don't like that you'll put yourself in danger. Can't a deatheater do it?"

I shake my head no because it has to be me or no one at all. 

"It has to be me if anyone at all. They know how I act, they know how I talk. They'll know from the start that the person isn't me and everything will go downhill."

He nods once, accepting the answer. I can feel that he is not happy with it. Not happy at all, but he is willing to think about it for me and that means a lot to me.

"We will talk about it more at the dinner table when the most trustworthy deatheaters will also be here."

Recognizing the dismissal, I kiss his cheek once and leave the room. My legs take me back to the library. It is starting to sound as if I have been possessed by Hermione. I don't know why I keep calling them by their first names when they have done something so horrible to me, I guess it is just the routine of it.

Most of my days have been spent in the library. I have been studying about the creature I am and about the powers I now have. I want to have control over them before going to Hogwarts. I do not wish to even think that I MIGHT lose control over them - this is out of the question.

I may be dark, but I don't want to kill someone by accident, yes there are people, who I will end gladly but no one will die because I couldn't control the power given to me. No one at all.

I can't wait for the dinner, I want to know what they decide. I need to know. From one side I want to go back, but at the same time, I am afraid of the hate and.....

Maybe they know that I don't trust their lies about being my friends anymore and do something to me? What if I won't be safe there anymore? What if I do die?

931 words

29.12.2017

Edited 05.06.2018