Chapter Two: Social Panic

When I came to, I knew it was only moments after my faint. There were distressed voices as I shot up, trying to hide my bright red face.

"IS SHE AFRAID OF US?" A loud voice asked. "SHE SEEMS VERY AFRAID OF ME AT LEAST."

"No, no, Papyrus." I heard Undyne sigh. "Wow, am I an overexcited idiot. I forgot she did that... She has anxiety issues and panic attacks. And no, she isn't afraid of you. She's scared of social stuff... Doesn't get out much, ya know?"

There was a small murmur. A quiet voice came above the rest. "Huh. It's a wonder she didn't pass out in front of the class when old Gerson called her up to speak." I felt myself redden more, if possible. Oh, no. One of them saw it?

"He did?! That old bag of turtle skin- I swear I'll throttle him one day!"

I opened my eyes very slowly, trying to gather my nerves. I focused my eyes on one at a time, as to not overwhelm myself. "Hel- hello..." I stuttered softly. "I'm Frisk... I'm sorry..."

"IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT, SHORT HUMAN! FOR I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, ALSO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING SO... UNSYMPATHETIC."

I inhaled a few times, calming my racing heart. "I- no, it's my own fault. Please don't blame yourself for this."

Papyrus nodded affirmative, and the rest were quiet until I was calmer and spoke again.

"I... am really sorry." I said again. "I don't really belong here."

"Nonsense! You belong with us all the way." I let my eyes dart up. A robot was smiling at me. I smiled back shyly. "We are the oddest group of social rejects in this school. Though, I'm shocked Papyrus is here."

"I HAVE MANY FRIENDS OUTSIDE OF YOU ALL, BUT I COULD NEVER ABANDON YOU FOR THEM!" Papyrus said, aghast. I slowly drew my hands from my face, feeling the blushing fade.

"Uh, I don't think she really knows who y'all are." Undyne said, putting her hand on my head. I nodded slowly, not wanting to seem rude.

"Oh, darling, why did you not just say so?" The robot said with a dazzling smile. "I am Mettaton. And, before you ask, I am a girl. Many people get that wrong."

I smiled, this time trying to seem a bit more outgoing. A yellow dinosaur-like monster spoke next. "I- uh- oh, dear- I'm..."

Undyne laughed and pulled her into a hug. "This is my other bestie, Alphys. She's almost as awkward as you sometimes!"

I nodded. Then, I noticed something. Alphys was blushing as she stared at Undyne. Instantly, my heart filled with conviction. "OTP..." I whispered to myself.

"MK!" A yellow armless monster across from me said energetically. "Nice to meet you!"

I laughed. He seemed full of energy. Fun.

I glanced at the only one of the group who had yet to introduce himself. The shorter skeleton. For a moment, I could have sworn that there was a blue tint splashed across his face, but it was gone so quickly, I could barely tell.

"THIS IS MY BROTHER SANS! HE IS SHY LIKE YOU, HUMAN. HE DOES NOT LIKE TO TALK, SO I WILL INTRODUCE THE TWO OF YOU FOR HIM!"

"Uh, Paps, I could have done it myself..." Sans started.

"OH? SO WHY WERE YOU JUST STARING AT HER WITH A STUPID EXPRESSION?"

"I was not."

"WERE TOO!"

"I am not having this argument with my younger brother." He glanced over to Undyne, as if to ask for help.

"Uh..." I started. Sans snickered.

"Size threw you off? Does for most. He's fourteen. I'm seventeen. Freshman versus a junior. People assume it's the other way around."

"I'm really sorry I assumed... My sister always said to never assume..."

"Because it makes an ASS out of U and ME." Sans finished with me. Surprised, I laughed again. 

I felt my fear fade, though it lingered in the back of my mind. Had I truly just found new friends?

A/N!

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm doing the best I can to churn these out. In case you're wondering, yes, this is Dancetale, even if there's not much mention of dancing yet. It will become important soon, my beautiful readers! Please stay patient!

<3