( 02 || rainy days )

BEAUTIFUL CRIME
CHAPTER TWO

BEAUTIFUL CRIMECHAPTER TWO

・゜゜・.

October 3rd, 1988

・゜゜・.

 RAIN STRICKEN DOWN ON the glass hard and loud, the sky contorted of dark grey clouds. It was an awful day in Derry Maine, a day fit for horror to strike. The female had let the warm water ran down over her skin, her long hair sticking to her freckled skin as she let a sigh leave her lips. 

The day was cold and bitter, it acted as a reminder to Melody. A reminder of the person who ruined her life so many years ago, every time her eyes flickered shut the scene relived itself in her mind. 

The female shivered, as she pictured the deadly look in her father's uncanny black eyes. With the crows diving after her as she ran terrified away. Melody still didn't understand what happened, truth be told it kept her up all night. Haunting her mind as she tried her very best to fight the thoughts. Even with her brother right across the hall from her, she could never tear the images and fear from her body. 

Melody shut off the water, wrapping a black towel around her petite body as she stepped out of the comfort of the bathroom. Her hair soaked hair laying on the fabric of the towel as she stepped into the dim light of her bedroom. 

The rain beating down on the glass was all that could be heard throughout the house, Miles had left to go to work earlier that morning. Stopping in her room to tell her he'd be home later that night, she had simply nodded and fitted a small smile on her face. 

Melody missed the sun, she missed the way it brought warmth to her pale skin. The way it shone against the earth, sparkling so brightly in the world. Melody missed having warmth in her life, real warmth. Not the fake ones that ran through her skin like a mask. 

The female slipped into a yellow fuzzy sweater, a pair of blue jeans being slipped up over her legs afterward. Melody decided to leave her wet hair be, considering the looks of the outside, she wasn't going anywhere. 

The female pounded downstairs, her feet sounding throughout the house as if they were battling against the rain. Melody let her bottom lip sunk in between her teeth, as she flicked on the water. Filling up their small steel kettle with water, before placing it on the stove and letting it heat up.