Chapter 14: Indecision

"..I .. Like who?" You asked cautiously, eyebrows raised.

Even though he could be goofy as hell sometimes, Namjoon had this knowledgable older brother air about him, and you got on well with him in a more serious way. Your mutual musicianship was good common ground, and you also made very amiable drinking partners.

"Ok, I'll admit, I wasn't really talking about one person there. But the idea is this: Jungkook and V both just walked out. When I said 'you like *him*', which of the two first came into your mind?" He said, leaning forward on the table.

The concept made sense to you. You'd heard before of the idea that you flip a coin to decide something, and when you see the result, your immediate disappointment or satisfaction would tell you which outcome you truly wanted.

You sensed he wasn't really expecting an answer, so you instead asked, "how.. I mean, what makes you think I like either?"

"Well, I can't actually know what's going on inside your head," he shrugged, leaning back in his chair, "but I get the feeling. And, well, I think most of the members can see that Jungkook and Tae might.. See you in that way, to some extent."

You chewed your bottom lip, thinking for a moment. Then, deciding it wasn't worth feigning ignorance, you slumped forwards, laying your arms and head on the table and stamping your feet. You exhaled loudly, frustrated. Namjoon took a sip of his coffee, laughing at your melodrama.

You grumbled. "Agh.. I don't even know at this point. Those two drive me crazy. Though - wait, do you *actually* think they..?" You trailed off questioningly, resting your chin on the table to look up at him.

"Yes, I actually think they might both like you. Or, if they don't right now, they might start to. I'm not trying to tease you, I honestly think you should give it some thought." He said.

You fought back a grin. Fully aware of how stupid it was, you couldn't help but feel slightly excited.

'They might actually...'

But, Namjoon was right. Which one was it? V or Jungkook? Who was it you wanted to like you?

Then the prospect of having to choose, having to draw a line with one of them, made you sigh.

"You're right. I need to do.. something. It wouldn't be fair-" you sat up suddenly, coming off the table. Someone in the corridor outside had just called your name.

"Crap, I should get back to work," you said, standing up. "Namjoon. Thank you."

"What for?" He asked, half joking.

"Just, for being straightforward with me." You smiled.

"You got it, little one." He chuckled.

"See you in a bit, good luck with the performance!" You called, leaving the room.

~~~

You spent the next two weeks or so cautiously trying to feel things out. By now things felt truly settled; all the boys were acting normally, and when you weren't too busy, you could enjoy time chatting with them.

You didn't change how you acted around V and Jungkook, but tried to observe your interactions a little more. You treasured them both, but you couldn't have them both. And leading them on wouldn't be right.

One day you'd be convinced it was Jungkook you really cared for. A downright Angel. Caring, fun, truly lovely. He was pretty much your best friend, despite than the obvious obstacles given his idol lifestyle and work. You trusted him. You were comfortable with him.
But was he just that, a friend? Would something more endanger what you had? Could you even find passion, coming from friendship?

So then, the next day you'd have changed your mind, leaning more toward V. A little more unpredictable. Intriguing, intense. There had been moments of definite electricity between you. And after the tension and stress you'd been through when you first met, you had formed some kind of bond.
But you didn't know him as well. And could a relationship work for long if there's just intensity? His interest in you may be little more than a passing fancy.

--

The next two days to come were preparations for an upcoming performance. An exclusive stage in which BTS were performing a selection of their songs, including a couple of remixes, with a live band.

They had done similar things before, but this was to somewhere in between in terms of scale; not a huge arena venue, but not a tiny private session. The audience would be around 1000 fans who were lucky enough to get tickets through a competition, and the whole thing would be filmed and released as a mini DVD.

It was an exciting prospect, and a good opportunity for you to see how this kind of event would work. But, as you sat helping to organise preparations, you had no idea just how exciting it would end up being for you...

▫️▫️▫️▫️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️▫️▫️▫️▫️