Gathering Forces

Clarisse's POV

I will deny I ever said this, but I was a little scared. I watched as Dakota got decapitated. I sat silently as Reyna killed herself. I contemplated life. I got confused. And now here I am.

I figured I would need to find the others soon. Besides Damien of course. He was still happy to kill people.

"Where are they!" I yelled. Just then a note appeared on the ground in front of me.

'The others are headed to the Cornucopia. Win this for us Clarisse, Ares Cabin.'

Okay then. That's a good place to start. Guess I'm off to find Prissy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth's POV

We were camped at the Cornucopia for the time being. Clarisse met up with us awhile ago. So far it was Percy, Leo, Frank, Clarisse, and I. Damien, Travis, Katie, and Malcolm were still out there somewhere.

A note appeared on the grass. 'For Annabeth' it read. I cautiously opened it. 'Malcolm is heading your way, but he is lost. You need to go find him and bring him back. Head north and go fast. Good luck, Athena Cabin.'

I smiled grimly. I kissed Percy on the cheek and told our ragtag group that I was going to fetch my brother. Percy started complaining, telling me he had to come with me. "No Percy, we need you here. I'll be right back, I promise."

And then I left. After walking north for awhile I ran into Malcolm. "Thank the gods!" He said hugging me.

I heard rustling in the trees and pulled out the sword I picked up a while back. Someone came out of the trees and I swung without thinking. The cannon boomed and I instantly felt guilty as I looked at Travis's dead body.

"Oh gods I'm so sorry!"

Katie and Damien came out of the trees and Katie screamed. Damien lunged forward and slashed at Malcolm. The knife connected, leaving a gash from his left shoulder all the way to his right hip.

He looked down in surprise and toppled. The cannon boomed yet again. Now I was mad. I charged at Damien, but he fled and I soon lost him. I had to get back to Percy.

When I got back to the bodies, Katie was gone. This struck me as weird, but I didn't think much of it. I started to make my way back to the Cornucopia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy's POV

I heard two cannons and I was terrified. One could be my Wise Girl. Heck, it probably was. I shouldn't have let her go alone. How could I let her convince me? I'm so stupid. I should've seen this coming.

I ran my hands through my hair and Frank awkwardly patted my back. He hadn't spoken since I've seen him. Hazel's death hit him pretty hard. Harder than the rest of us at least.

Just when I couldn't take it any longer, Annabeth stepped out of the woods. She walked angrily back to us. She was fuming, I could see her puffing out her cheeks from her.

I was so overjoyed, I ran forward and wrapped her in a hug, kissing her passionately on the lips. Someone yelled out a warning and I felt a horrible pain in abdomen. I looked down and the point of a dagger was protruding from my chest. But it wasn't just any dagger. It was Annabeth's dagger.

Whoever was holding the knife yanked it out and I yelled in pain and slumped into Annabeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth's POV

Percy slumped against me as Katie pulled out the knife. I looked at her in terror and utter disbelief. She looked genuinely sorry.

"Annabeth, I'm so sorry, I-I was aiming for you and-and then you moved and..."

Frank and Clarisse made quick work of her. The cannon boomed and I lowered Percy to the ground. Our little group huddled around as Percy struggled to breath.

"Hey. Hey stay with me. Stay with me Seaweed Brain." Tears we're streaming down my face as I cradled him in my arms.

He was scared. I could see it in his eyes. I know he's thought about death before. I know he would be more than willing to sacrifice himself to save his friends, which he did just now. But I don't think he expected this.

He suddenly looked like he'd do anything to live a little longer. He didn't want to die. He was in agony and it I was in agony as well. My Seaweed Brain. The love of my life, only had mere moments left.

His lips were dry and cracked. Sweat beaded on his brow. He was beautiful. I loved him even more in that moment.

When we were 16 I took a knife for him because I felt like it was life or death. And it would have been. Now he was returning the favor. I kissed his forehead and his brow furrowed in concentration.

He licked his lips, preparing to talk. "You-you gotta-gotta tell my mom." He struggled. I nodded and forced a tear stained smile. I had to be strong for him, for he has always been strong for me.

"I-I love you Wise Girl."

"I love you too."

And with that he closed his eyes for the last time. Those gorgeous sea green eyes that held in them so much life. My favorite shade of love.

I held him closer to me and sobbed into his hair, taking in his scent. He smelled like the ocean. I don't know if I'll every be able to go to the the beach again.

I poured my heart out, clinging to his dead body. I sobbed and I wailed and I cursed the gods and everything they stood for. I even cursed my mother, disgusted that she let it get this far. I cried and I cried til I had no more tears. Then I cried some more.

Damien chose that time to strike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello peeps! You know how I love my cliffhangers. That was probably my favorite chapter to write. I just love it when my favorite characters get hurt. I know it sounds bad, but I'm sure some of you agree. Remember to comment and vote and tell me how the story's going. I would like to know who is reading my story so just comment saying your reading it and tell me one thing you like and dislike about the story. Thanks. See ya demigods:)