[31] Back to You. . .

A/N Alrighty Guys!  You know I have something important to say when I post the ever-so-rare Author's Note!  Please comment down who's ending you want to see!  Is this book ending soon you ask?. . .  Hell nah it ain't!  But I just want to see who you guys want to see Areum end up with the most since shipping her with 11 members is difficult!  So please comment your top. . . FIVE members you want her to be with, and I'll beginning focusing on them! (But don't worry I'll still include some fluffy moments with the other members too!)  Anyways, let's get on with the story!

P.S: I have a YouTube channel called Unknown Voice that currently has three videos.  I plan on posting vocal covers soon so also comment on a song you guys want me to cover! :)

Last Time:

I leaned back in my seat and let go of a deep sigh, "That's right. . .," I chuckled sadly:

I'm no longer needed. . .

And Now We Return:

Mark's POV-

"Dude, you need to stop being so emo before you audition. . .," I trailed off as Areum and I walked into the SM Building, "Seriously. . . it's not a good look for you." Areum rolled her eyes, "Since when did I ask for your opinion?" "Never, but I still offer it," I grinned lightly, "So what made you join SM?," I asked changing the topic.

Areum sighed and ran a hand through her hair, ". . . It's. . . a long story. . . but I always liked the idea of performing on stage as a job," she smiled. I smiled along with her, "Nice answer. I'd like to say the same thing."

I lead her through the hallways of the massive SM Building and brought her to private audition rooms we use when we're not hosting the monthly auditions. "Here we are," I stopped in front of the door, "Don't be too nervous, and don't think about the judges too much. You're beautiful, and you're very talented. You'll get in without a hitch," I assured. "Well. . . the second complement is true; the first. . .- not so much," Areum clicked her tongue, "You know very well, Mark Lee, that I am as beautiful as a garden gnome." I chuckled, "Lucky for you, I think garden gnomes are kinda cute." ". . . I'm going inside before I barf," Areum muttered under her breath, placing her hand on the handle.

I laughed and waved her to go, "I'll see you in a bit, Areum~"

~ Meanwhile ~

Jaehwan's POV-

I looked around at my members: some were chatting quietly at the counter, others were eating quietly, and the younger ones were mindlessly playing video games while Minhyun cleaned the mess that slowly started to cumulate around them. I released a long, much needed sigh, and Jisung turned his attention towards me. "Are you okay, Jaehwan?," he asked. "Just dandy. . .," I mumbled, ". . . It's really quiet in here, Hyung. . . I don't like it." "Jaehwan," Minhyun began, "Silence is just as important as sound you know." "I know that," I gave my Hyung a look, "But silence for more than 5 days?. . . That's too much. . ." I stared down at the song I was listening to on my phone: Beautiful. It's a pre-release version before are actual comeback that we were given. "It's been quiet without, Areum. . ."

The maknaes stopped playing, the boys stopped chatting softly, and the rest stopped eating after I mentioned her name. "Jaehwan," Sungwoon sighed, "I thought we discussed not to mention her name. . . Especially with the younger ones around." "I'm not gonna play the pronoun game, Hyung," I crossed my arms, "Don't you want to do something about this atmosphere?. . . It's practically suffocating!" "If that 'something' is bring back Areum, we can't do that," Jisung shot back. "And why's that?," I questioned angrily.

"Because if we bring Areum back, her life is at even more risk!," Jisung's voice was raised, "NCT is already suspicious with our relationship with Areum and her knowledge about gangs.  There's a high possibility that Areum would be used," he calmed down, ". . . Look. . . I want Areum here as much as you guys, but I don't want her life to be in jeopardy just because of our selfishness." Sungwoon sighed and pulled out his phone, "I'll be out," he said curtly, and exited the house.  

"Well. . .," Guanlin began sadly after the door slammed shut, "What do we do now?. . ."

Sungwoon's POV-
"Pick up, pick up. . .," I kept muttering to myself as I walked around the neighborhood that the Wanna-One base was situated in.  "Please answer. .-" "Hello?," a girl's voice rang through the speaker, "Sungwoon-shi?"  "Areum," I felt my lips curve up in a small smile, "You actually answered."

"I mean. . . I haven't really contacted you guys so. . . I would be curious as to why you'd call," she stated smartly.

*rolls eyes* "Anyways, where 're you at?," I asked.

"I'm with Mark right now?  Why?"

"Mark Lee?"

"No, Mark Tuan- of course it's Mark Lee!," Areum retorted 

"Sarcasm isn't appreciated-"

"And neither is Mark apparently."

"Ya. . .," I sighed, "Anyways. . . how've you been?  Do anything interesting lately?"

"Mmm. . . not really; nothing you guys would go nuts over," she sighed as well, "Life's been pretty boring, but I think something will add some kick to it soon."

We were both quiet for a moment. . .

"So how're the rest of the boys?  Are they doing well?," Areum asked, reviving the conversation.

"They've been. . .," I paused, ". . . We all miss you, Areum," I finally said.

". . .Okay. . . Well. . . I guess. . . I miss you guys too?"

*Ba Dump*

Even though it sounded like a question, it was still nice to hear. . .

"Hey, I got to go.  It was nice talking to you again, Sungwoon-sh-. . . Sungwoon Oppa.  I'll see you all around~"

"Bye, Areum. . .," I trailed off since the girl hang up the phone before I could say those two words.

I slid my phone back into my pocket, and continued my small walk around the neighborhood.  Maybe I should stop by Kimmie Cakes?. . . They always have nice food. . . I should bring the a few of my member though. . . They get mad when they find out if we've eaten alone. . .  "Areum likes the place too. . ."  I sighed.  I've been sighing way too much lately. . . But I can't help it if everything comes back to you. . .