Chapter 24: new color

hoseok smiled and handed a bag full of mystery novels to a customer "here you go sir! have a nice day!" the man smiled back, looked hoseok over, and walked out of the store. hoseok grimaced as the man left before looking at his watch. 5:45, 15 minutes until closing time. hoseok grabbed his jacket and pulls it on. he hummed a tune as he counted down the minutes until he could leave. "hey, hobi" hoseok looked up from his watch (witch now says 5:51) "taehyung?" taehyung grinned and ran his fingers through his hair "what do you think? i was thinking of dyeing it blue but decided on silver" hoseok chuckled "your hair looks great tae" taehyungs eyes lit up "I'm glad you like it, wanna head out for dinner?" hoseok nodded "that sounds great-" he looked at his watch "-and i just got off of my shift, ill close the store and meet you outside" taehyung nodded and leaned over the counter, swiftly giving hoseok a kiss. hoseok clutched taehyungs cheek before he pulled away. hoseok smiled, "what was that for?" taehyungs ears turned a pinkish-red. he looked away from hoseok in a oddly bashful fashion for his kind. "no reason" hoseok chuckled "ok, ill meet you outside" the newly sliver-haired taehyung nodded and walked out of the store. hoseok quickly closed the store. "where to?" taehyung shrugged "whatever you want" hoseok linked his arm with taehyungs and they started to walk down the street. "what about Italian? i got my paycheck yesterday so we could go somewhere expensive if you want" "pfft, i asked you out, so ill pay. do you know where the place is?" hoseok pointed down the street "I've been there before, its really good" taehyung nodded and pulled open the door to the restaurant. a man in a waiters uniform walked towards them "table for two?" "yes" the man scribbled something down in a notebook and gestured for them to follow him. he brought them to a small table. "here you go, ill come back when you are ready to order" they sat down and hoseok picked up his menu "hmm... what are you going to get tae?" "maybe carbanara" "oh ill get that too" they ordered quickly, they're waiter writing everything down at an amazing speed. "thanks for taking me out, its been a hard day at work" taehyung tilted his head "of course, what happend?" "oh just the usual. its busy, then theres the guys that look me over like I'm a hunk of meat and they're a cheetah, and then just missing..-" hoseok stopped himself from saying yoongi or jimin "-mi-loo" taehyung noticed hoseoks hesitation and sighed. a slight headache entered his mind. "I'm sorry hoseok,-" he reached across the table and rubbed hoseoks hand soothingly "-maybe i should just stay with you tomorrow and kick all of those guys in the face" hoseok chuckled "i don't think thats the best idea, i need that job. plus, its nothing serious, they're just looking" taehyung frowned "yeah well-" he was cut of by the waiter putting they're food in front of them. taehyung let go of hoseoks hand before they started to eat. hoseok to a bite and gasped. "its super good!" taehyung chuckled and took a bite. his eyes widened "you weren't kidding!"

after they're meal they headed back to hoseoks apartment to play a game before they said goodnight. hoseok picked up a deck of cards and sat down at his table across from taehyung "do you know how to play uno?" taehyung nodded "i love that game" they played a couple of games before hoseok ultimately lost. he chuckled "that was amazing, you creamed me" taehyung replied with a box smile "they don't call me the master for nothing haha" hoseok stood up and yawned, his shirt riding up slightly above his waist "i better go to bed, i have to go to work really early tomorrow." taehyung stood and walked over to hoseok. "how 'bout i walk you home after?" a heart shaped smile formed on hoseoks lips "alright, ill see you tomorrow" taehyung walked to the door before pausing and turning around "oh, i almost forgot something" he pulled hoseok close, both of his hands on either side of hoseoks face as his kissed him. hoseok grabbed him by his waist and smiled into the kiss as they parted hoseok let out a small "good night taetae" taehyung kissed hoseoks nose gently and smiled -dispute his now raging headache- "good night hoseok"

-

it was close to the end of the day, only a half an hour until hoseok could close the store and walk home with taehyung. a man with dark redish hair walked up to the counter with a book in hand. the man had a angelic yet devilish manner. he handed the book to hoseok and smiled, his canines were unusually pointy. "how are you today- oh, this is an amazing book" hoseok said, smiling brightly. the man chuckled "so I've heard" hoseok put the book in a bag and slid it back across the counter "'the darkness covers all' is one of my favorites, the writer is amazing. oh and its $12.98" the man got out the money "you know, this isn't something i usually do, but, do you think you might want to go on a date with me?" hoseok smiled softly and got the mans receipt. "oh I'm sorry, I'm currently in a relationship" the man smiled, hoseok wondered if his teeth had gotten sharper, but he waved the thought away. "thats fine hoseok, it was worth a shot" the man left the store quickly. hoseok looked out the window as the man walked down the street hoseok was about to grab his jacket when he paused, i wonder how he knew my name...

---------------------------

sorry for the wait! and it wasn't proofread. I've been getting some really great comments recently that motivated me to write this! so thank you! thank you all for reading and i hope you enjoyed! please vote and comment! ily guys! -ココ