Thoughts

Yuri didn't know what to do. He wanted to look away but his body refused to let him. Frozen in place, as if winter had came early and only for him. A shiver went down his spine as he noticed the other boy move towards him. No one spoke, making the atmosphere eerie and uncomfortable. The silver haired boy decided to be the first to break the icy barrier.

"Yuri, whether you like it or not, you can't avoid me forever." He said, his hand reaching out towards the raven boy. It rested on his shoulder only for a moment before it was pushed off. Piercing raven eyes soon met a pair of shocked aqua eyes.

"I can certainly try." The response was cold, guarded. There was no trust between the two anymore. Victor felt lost at these words, his mind stumped. Not even a tumbleweed could interrupt the silence that now fell over the room.

Victor didn't understand. He couldn't read Yuri's thoughts, his emotions, nothing. He wanted to be there for Yuri, to make this right. He came to the realization that it was him who couldn't avoid Yuri. He needed the man's company to feel whole, no matter how strange that was. He knew he needed to fix this relationship, but first he needed to understand why it crumbled in the first place.

"Yuri, you need to tell me what's wrong. I can't do anything if I don't know." He both pleaded and demanded. Yuri got more standoffish at the words, his dark eyes narrowing.

"I don't need to do anything." The boy practically snarled. He was a wolf on the defensive, ready to attack when necessary. Victor then realized what was going on, or at least thought he knew. He didn't want to feel controlled or feel like he had to do something to please others.

Victor was about to speak once again when Yuri started to walk past him. Victor wasn't blocking the door anymore. He tried to block the door once again, but it was open before he could put his hand on it.

"Someone is waiting for me. Now if you don't mind, I'm leaving."

With that, the door shut on Victor. He stood there, wondering if it was even possible to fix his mistakes. His aqua eyes stared at the beige bathroom door, a saddened tone to them.

Yuri however, met up with his mother once again. He realized quickly that he forgot to wash his face, but decided against returning to the bathroom. His mother didn't seem to notice however as they walked to her rental van. Getting in, the smell of perfume and gas hit his nose, almost making him gag. He kept control however, soon after forcing himself to get used to the smell.

His mother got into the car last. Starting up the car, she backed out of the parking space. Silence reigned over the car, but Yuri preferred it this way. He believed it would have been worse if they tried to converse after so long. He watched the road from the window as his mother pulled out of the school's campus. He couldn't get his mind of the encounter in the bathroom.

He had been too hostile, he knew that and he regretted it. He wanted to fix what had been broken, but habit had taken over. He hated being told that he needed to say something, or that he needed to change. It wasn't a good excuse, but it was the only one he had. Letting out a sigh, he let his mind drift of into oblivion. He couldn't focus on the sad things right now.