Day 2

Ao returned to the mansion an exasperated, breathless mess. She burst through the front doors, stumbled in and, just when she was about to speak, she fell over in a heap on top of Sally's toys. "Aw man," the young ghost girl sighed sadly.

It wouldn't be until a few hours later that Ao would wake up. During her unconsciousness, Ben helped Ms. P to move her into the infirmary where she could rest properly. Then, on Ben's third check-up on her, the brunette flailed to life and grabbed Ben's shirt.

"CHRISTMAS," Ao blurted.

"What the fuck!" he yelped as he leaned helplessly over the bed.

"We have to save it! Zalgo! He killed Santa!"

"You're choking me...!"

"And then he's gonna kill everyone in the world with a lack of Christmas cheer!"

"Hurgghg."

"We can't let this happen! We gotta save Christmas, Ben! I need your help! Ben? Ben!"

He couldn't respond due to the fact that Ao was unknowingly strangling him.

"What's that??"

"Hhhgghhpohhrrhhug."

"Uh-huh."

"Hhhgbbbfppftthgggg."

"Right, right."

"Pphhhhhbvttshsshhghuhghhhhhh."

"Really, she said that?"

"Hhhhhhssssssshhhhhgggg."

"Good idea. I should rest first while you make a plan."

Finally, she let him go and the elfin wraith sucked in a deep breath, coughing and spluttering afterward. "Jesus, Ao...! I wasn't even saying anything!"

"Your sounds of struggle and pain were enough."

"Well, I guess I have no choice but to go along with what you said," he muttered. "I'll find some info, make up something that could help us save Christmas."

"Thanks...! I knew I could count on you."

"In the meantime, don't strangle people anymore," he quipped. "At least not without consent. It's a very intimate process."

"What are you talking about?"

Ben paused. "You...You weren't doing it to—Ah, I see. Never mind."

"What—."

"NEVERMIND."

"Okay! Geez..."

After she was given a light dinner to gain her energy back, Ao rested in the infirmary all night. But her dreams were plagued with the death of everything Christmas. As Zalgo said, no more presents, no more joy, no more carols. No more happiness. All that would be left behind would be the bitter animus of humanity. Shit would definitely suck, man.

The next morning, Ao leaped out of her bed the moment she opened her eyes. She was eager to meet with Ben and see what he came up with. Knowing him, this plan would be full proof. Christmas would be saved.

Unfortunately, Ben's room was not in the best shape—well, his door. Ao stood in shock at the green flames slithering up from underneath. The door was not burning away, and the flames weren't going anywhere else. This is, uh...this is new.

Ms. P passed through the hall and remarked, "Oh, yeah, his door has been like that since I woke up."

"Is he...Is he alright?" Ao mumbled.