Chapter 6 - Match Made in Heaven

It's late and I'm sitting in my room with Rouge and Mana, both trying to find ways to meet up with their secret lover again. An idea suddenly pops into Rouge's head, her serious thinking face turned into a bright grin.

"You think Prince Shadow knows them?" Rouge asks. Mana thought for a minute, she nodded, thinking that there is a possibility that Shadow may know these two boys. After the two finish their deep thinking, they look at me, waiting for a definitive answer.

"I mean, Shadow may know." I say uncertainly. I stare at the ring Shadow had given me, Rouge stares at the small emerald in the middle of the rose, her eyes sparkling.

"It looks beautiful, darling!" Rouge exclaims, pulling my hand closer to her face so she could get a better look. I take my hand back, getting a closer look as well. I tap the emerald softly, Sonic and Shadow suddenly appear in my room.

"Princess Amy!" Shadow shouts whilst Sonic draws his sword, pointing it at Rouge and Mana. "Are these two bothering you, Ames?"

"Prince Shadow- And Prince Sonic-" Mana stuttered. 

"They're my friends!" I yell, pushing Sonic's sword away form them. "Why are you here all of a sudden?" I ask.

"Oh... Busted..." Sonic mummers to Shadow.

"The part of the emerald in your ring, it connects with mine, so, if you get hurt, I get a signal, and I will bring Sonic and I wherever you are." Shadow explains.

"But I only tapped it?" I say.

"It's very sensitive... Say, if you get punched, it would send a signal to the emerald, it's not supposed to be tapped." Shadow says. I stare at Shadow in awe, both in shock and heart-warmed about how serious Sonic and Shadow care about the safety of me.

"Since Shadow is here... Can we ask him, Amy? Please? Please?" Rouge begged. I giggle and nod. The both of my friends turn to Shadow with needy eyes.

"Prince Shadow, do you... Perhaps know two boys around your age? One named Knuckles the Echidna and the other Mephiles the hedgehog?" Rouge asks. Shadow's ears perk up at the sound of what might be familiar names.

"Might you be Rouge the bat and Mana the hedgehog?" Shadow says. The two girls look at each-other in shock.

"Yes, that... That is our names." Mana answers.

"Well... You must be speaking of my two best friends, my only friends around in the kingdom." Shadow says.

Rouge, Mana and I all smile in shock and excitement. This is a very big coincidence, I've never seen Mana smile so big before. Rouge has never blushed so much red, I, for one, have never been so happy for my two best friends.

"How about you invite them tomorrow, Shad! And Ames, you take your two friends with you too!" Sonic suggests.

"Your majesty, you've already shown too mush kindness by putting up with us, you do not need to do this..." Mana says, getting onto the floor. Shadow picks up Mana, his hand going through her quills.

"You need not apologies." Shadow says, catching Mana's gaze. Her eyes were fixed on his, he let go softly, letting Mana take in what she had experienced. "We have to go." Shadow says, getting  a nod from Sonic. "I will let you make your way home." Shadow says as he immediately disappears.

"Hey!" Sonic yells. He sighs and turns to me. "I can't say Shadow wasn't kind enough to bring me here." He chuckles. I giggle. 

"Thank you for coming anyway," I say. Sonic grabs my hand and pulls me close, my lips landing on his, this time, his lips were warm. I blush a light pink, it blended with my skin so it wasn't noticeable but I know he could still see it. There was a moment of silence, I felt as if Sonic was looking for something deep inside me, the way his eyes darted into mine like he is aiming for a spot that would make me tell him all my secrets. I flinch when I hear breathing, I realize that Rouge and Blaze were still in the room, Sonic snaps out of it too, he realizes the two girls staring at us in utter silence.