SWARAGINI (Her Impossible Boss) Chapter 1 (Part 1)

Eight jobs. He pushed himself away from the desk and allowed the lengthening silence to fill in the blanks of what he wanted to say.

Ragini Gadodia had come to him via a reference from her sister and in no position to be choosy here he now was interviewing for a nanny for his daughter. From what he could see not only was Ragini Gadodia resoundingly lacking in any relevant exercise she was also flighty and academically challenged.

Huge big brown eyes looked back at him and he followed her nervous gesture as she chewed her bottom lip. He might have his hands tied but that didn't mean that he was going to make this process easy for her.

I know it sounds like a lot...

You're twenty-three years old and you've held down eight jobs. I think it's fair to say that it is a lot.

Ragini looked away from the cool dark eyes resting on her. Under his unflinching assesing gaze she was finding it impossible to keep still. Why on earth was she here? She had arrived in Kolkata three weeks previously to stay with her sister with the she take some time out to consider her options and get her act together. At least those had been the parting words of her parents as they had waved her off at the airport.

You're twenty-three years old Ragini her mother had said firmly offering her a plate of homemade biscuits to soften the blow and you still don't seem to have any idea what you want to do with your life. Your dad and I would just like to see you settle down. Find something that you enjoy doing something you might want to stick with for longer than five minutes...  Siya knows all the ins and outs of the business world. She'll be able to give you some helpful advice. It would do you good to spend your summer somewhere else...

No one had mentioned that part of the process would involve getting a job as nanny. She had never worked with any child in her life before. She couldn't remember having ever expressed the slightest curiosity about working with one. And yet here she was sitting in front of a man who chilled her to the bone. The very second she had spun round at the sound of his sweet voice to see him against the doorframe inspecting her she had felt a shiver on her spine. She had prepared herself for someone portly and middle-aged. He was after all her sister's boss. He owned the company he ran it and according to Siya he took no prisoners. How could he do all that and still be in his early twenty-six? But he was and to all expectations not only was he young he also had killer looks. Truly sensational killer looks.

But his emotional detachment was terrifying and his perfect bone structure proclaimed a face that never cracked a smile. Ragini wondered how her sister could work for him without having a nervous breakdown.

And your academic history  i'm finding it hard to tally your lack of qualifications with your achievements. Siya has a first class degree and is head of my corporate law department. You have grades and a certificate in Foundation Art...

Yes well I'm not Siya, Mr. Maheswari. Two patches of colour appeared on her cheeks. Siya and Riya both excelled at school.

To be Continued....