December, day 25

(A/N: After putting all of this here, I'm cringing at some parts of this chapter)

Harry paces around his room, thinking about Draco, thinking about the kiss. He just can't get it out of his head. Maybe if he gets something to eat, it'll go away.

"Harry, would you stop pacing. It's making my head hurt." Ron whines.

"I just need to get something to eat," Harry says.

He leaves the Gryffindor room and heads to the Great Hall to clear his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco sits at the Slytherin table, barely touching his food. It's hard to eat when his mind retreats to that wonderful kiss. He wants to do it again and again, but that's never going to happen.

"Draco. Please pay attention darling." Pansy says.

"Yes," Draco says, looking down at the untouched food.

'I'm going to do my best to avoid Potter' Draco thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The food's yummy sent flows up to Harry's nose, but he doesn't feel like taking a bite. He keeps stabbing at the chicken, making Ron think he's trying to kill it. Harry lifts his eyes from the tortured chicken to the Slytherin table, trying to find the blonde. He finally spots him and couldn't help, but smile.

Draco looks up just a little and sees Harry's eyes. He quickly looks down and avoids the eyes of the boy he loves.

The brunette looks back down at the food and sees the chicken shredded.

"What did the chicken do to you?" Ron asks, looking from the chicken to me, then back to the chicken.

"Just not feeling okay," Harry says.

"Upset stomach?" Ron asks.

"Maybe," Harry says.

Hermione turns to them and sees the chicken.

"What happened to the chicken?" She asks.

"Harry killed it," Ron says, thinking he's being funny.

Harry groans as he listens to Ron tell Hermione about how upset Harry's been getting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco lies on his bed, feeling sick to his stomach more than ever. He looks at Harry's wand again, thinking of returning it. Fuck, he left his gift for Harry at Granger's place.

"Oy, Draco. A Gryffindor wants to see you." Crabbe says.

Draco gets up and leaves the Slytherin dorms. He walks out of the entrance that's hidden by a painting. And the Gryffindor is Harry.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asks, trying not to sound too bitter.

"Um, Hermione asked me to give this to you," Harry says, holding out Draco's wand.

Draco pulls out Harry's.

"I was going to return this to you," Draco says, handing it to him.

"Thanks," Harry says, handing Draco his wand.

Draco feels like running back to his room, but he stays out a little longer.

"Oh, one more thing. Can you come with me? There's a present I didn't get to give you last night." Harry says.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry rushes into his dorm and grabs two presents that are still wrapped. One is the present that Draco left. He brings them back to where Draco is waiting.

"Here," Harry says, handing the present that has Draco's name on it.

Draco unwraps the present and laughs when he sees it.(http://www.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/merry-christmas-filthy-animal-christmas-sweater1.jpg, in case you forgot)

"I love it," Draco says while laughing.

Harry doesn't know how it's funny until he opens the other present from Draco. Once he did, he now knows why it's funny. (http://www.happygabby.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/fun-christmas-sweaters-for-men.jpg)

"They both say the same thing," Harry says, laughing with Draco.

"Except I got you a green version of it," Draco says.

"And I got you red version," Harry says.

Draco laughs again.

"Put it on," Harry says.

"Now," Draco says.

"No, tomorrow. Of course now."

Draco puts the sweater on.

"How do I look?" Draco asks hysterically.

"Nice," Harry says, smiling.

"Your turn."

Harry puts on the sweater with a smirk.

"It really brings out your eyes," Draco says, blushing wildly.

"Uh, thanks." Harry blushes as well.

Draco looks around for a distraction, nothing.

"I have to go," Draco says.

Harry watches Draco runoff. Was it something he said? Did he say something wrong?

'What is this feeling?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Avoid, avoid, avoid," Draco repeats those words, trying to make it stick.

'I have to avoid Harry. If I don't, who knows what will happen. It's for the best'