Daryl Under the Weather on the Road

No spoilers as long as you know who Daryl is. Daryl and Rick ship if you squint. Mild language. Enjoy!
————————————————————————————————————————
Daryl sat on his bike, relieved to be gobbling up miles, as a walker devoured its prey. He shifted slightly on his seat, twisting his stiff neck to look back at the leader of their little band of survivors. He grimaced, resisting the urge to rub his neck with his hand.

He had been feeling more and more stiff, to the point where he could barely move, without the pain causing his stomach to turn.

Rick whistled sharply, signaling it was time to stop for the night. He whistled a second time to warn they weren't alone, a walker or many walkers were nearby.

Daryl shifted, attempting to twist neck gingerly to search nearby. A muffled groan escaped his pursed lips, as pain ripped through him from the movement.

Rick whistled softly in warning again, looking directly at Daryl whose face was paling by the minute.

"What's wrong with Daryl?" He hissed at Glenn, who happened to be closer to the archer and leader.

Glenn threw a rock at Daryl, earning the archer flipping him off. "What's wrong?" He whisper yelled.

Daryl stiffly turned around, his face pale and sweat drenched. "Just need to sleep."he admitted, annoyed that he was showing weakness.

Glenn nodded, looking back at Rick as walkers ambled towards Daryl, Lori and Carl, and Carol. "He is sick..." he said.

Daryl glared at the younger man, before shooting the walkers quickly with his crossbow. Once the walkers were down, he doubled over, breathing hard.

Rick had been working on herding everyone into a newer building, and had just finished clearing the building, when he looked out a window and saw Daryl doubled over. He ran downstairs and into the street, rushing past Daryl and taking out a walker that was coming towards the sick man.

He stabbed a knife into the walkers skull, sending the body to the ground with a grunt. He moved to Daryl slowly, knowing the archer was often jumpy.

"Daryl?" He asked, stopping a foot or two from the archer. "You okay?" He asked calmly.

"I'm fine," Daryl said, spitting a bunch of saliva on the ground. He straightened up a bit, flinching as the movement made the world around him spin. "Whoa..." He said uncertainly.

Rick moved quickly, slipping his arm around the younger man's waist, making sure he didn't collapse.

Daryl tried to shrug Rick off, only to grab his arm again, as the world spun out of control. "Rick... I can't see, I'm too dizzy." He groaned, feeling weaker by the moment, and hating it. His knees buckled, going out from under him, putting the majority of his weight on the sheriff's arm.

"Rick... I can't see, I'm too dizzy." He groaned, feeling weaker by the moment, and hating it. His knees buckled, going out from under him, putting the majority of his weight on the sheriff's arm.

Rick almost fell over at the sudden increase of weight, but recovered quickly. He supported the archer, leading him to the cleared building with minor difficulty.

"Hang in there, Daryl. I got you." He said firmly, wishing he knew what was wrong with the younger man.

Daryl grunted in response, too dizzy to try to articulate anything. Rick almost fell over at the sudden increase of weight, but recovered quickly. He supported the archer, leading him to the cleared building with minor difficulty.