Chapter 1: Richie Rich

I was was walking aimlessly around Blackwater city, or more specifically, downtown Blackwater. I was carrying my dark purple backpack, it weighed a little more than me, considering the fact that I was pretty skinny, also it held all of my books. I loved to read, even though I dropped out of high school. But,out all of all of my books, my favorite was Romeo and Juliet, not because it was a love story, but rather, because everyone thinks that it is. And after reading it over for the fifty-seventh time, I can say with certainty that Romeo and Juliet is not a love story. It is a common misconception that Romeo and Juliet were greatly in love with each other, but in fact, Romeo even stated in the book that he loves someone else, nonetheless, it is still somehow considered one of the most famous love stories of all time.

I turned down an alleyway, when my thoughts were suddenly interrupted by me bumping into someone. It had turned out to be a very cute boy that seemed to look around my age, but he looked way to clean to be on these streets. And while his attire was casual, it was spotless, there was not a single visible speck of dust on him. "Give me everything that you have, and no one has to get hurt!" Yelled a man that had just come out of the shadows. "Yeah, do what he says!" Said another man who had seemingly appeared out of no where from behind us. "I-I don't have any money on me." Said the boy as he turned his pockets inside out to show them, that he was, in fact, telling the truth. "He's seen our faces, kill him." Said the man in front of us. He pulled out a revolver, and shot.

Time seemed to freeze and my body seemed to take control over my mind, as I lunged through the air, to push this kid out of the way, when the bullet hit me in the thigh, and I fell to the ground. The men had ran off by the time tat I sat up, and the cute boy from before was just sitting there looking at me in shock. "URN!" I groaned, as I grabbed my thigh in pain. "Don't worry, I'm calling 911 right now, said the boy. NO! I shouted. Well then what should I do then? Go into the pharmacy, and get some hydrogen peroxide, tweezers, and bandages. I told him. O-Ok, he said as he got up and ran into the pharmacy across the street.

By the time that he came back, I had already lost a lot of blood. And I could feel that the bullet was still in my leg. "Here." He said as he handed me the bag of medical supplies. I took the tweezers and pored the hydrogen peroxide on them. And then I jabbed the tweezers into the wound on my inner thigh. "UGHHH!" I whimpered, trying hard not to show any emotion. I grasped onto the bullet with the tweezers, and yanked it out in one pull. I then poured the hydrogen peroxide into my wound, and white foam started to form in the hole. I then grabbed the ace bandage, and wrapped it around my leg. When I was done, I looked up to see the guy just standing there staring at me. And I looked away and blushed a little bit.

I-Is there anything that I can do to help? "Yeah, I'm going to die of blood loss if I don't get some food in me." I said. I mean I did take a bullet for this guy, the least that he could do is buy me a meal, I thought. "Ok then, where do you wanna eat?" He asked. "Anywhere that is cheap and close." I said, as my stomach growler, and I looked away embarrassed. "Come on, I'll take you back to my place." He said flashing me a reassuring smile. I usually don't go anywhere with strangers, but I had no choice at this point. The boy led me over to his car. And I have to say, I was impressed with how fast this kid drove. Considering he looked about my age.

     We pulled up a driveway that was at least a mile long, and he got out of the car, and walked over my side. "Come on" he said as he hefted me out of his car. He carried m bridal style up to his mansion, and just as we were about fifty feet away from the door, the flood gates of heaven broke, and a violent torrent of rain fell out of the sky with vigor. And by the time that we had made it to the giant wooden front door of his house, we were already completely soaked.