002.

I don't like people who think they're better than me, but I hate emotions even more because it makes me feel weak. I have dealt with many disasters, and I always make sure to stay away from the emotional ones.

Even though I will be the one breaking hearts, but this is why I don't date. For instance, I'm afraid of falling for someone who may end up breaking my heart. I don't think falling in love is something I need to worry about, though. It will never happen.

Anyways, as we continue walking to our destination, Hoseok keeps smirking. I swear, his cheeks must hurt from all the grinning. I mean, how cheerful and careless can one guy be?

On the other side of me is Taehyung. He has the same mischievous smile from earlier. His eyes dance with delight with every step we take. He hates people calling him an alien, but sometimes he does strange things that make me want to believe he is one.

"We're almost there," Hoseok says. He is carefully scanning the little note in his hand and then the addresses of every building we pass by.

"I've never seen Hoseok so serious about something," Taehyung says, breaking me out of my train of thought.

I look at Taehyung and then Hoseok before saying, "Neither have I. I'm sure he's planning something in that head of his."

Taehyung and I start chuckling while Hoseok looks at us, confused. 

"No shit!" He yells. Taehyung and I stop walking and look back at him.

"What is it, Hoseok?" Taehyung asks as we walk over to his side. He hands me the paper with the address on it and then says,

"We're here."

I turn to my left slightly to look at where he is pointing. When the building comes into my sight, I can't help but let out a loud gasp. The house is small, dirty, and looks so rundown. And it was a total shit hole. 

"Reminds me of Cinderella," Taehyung says quietly.

I don't think he wanted us to know what he is thinking, but with my mouth still open from utter shock, I turn towards him and give him the no way in hell look.

Cinderella didn't have things easy, but from what I have read in books and seen in movies, she didn't live in some trash can.

"Are you serious, dude? This dump doesn't look like a place Cinderella would be in, though. I'm sure she is well off with her Prince Charming--"

A small figure from the side of the house catches my attention. "Did you see that just now?" I tap Taehyung on the shoulder, and he answers no. I let out a questioning hum.

"Come on, let us give the shoe back to the owner," Hoseok says, pushing Taehyung and me in the direction of the house.

"Who the fuck choose to live in this place?" I murmur to myself.

As we stroll up the three big rocks put together to make a stairway, my face swivels up in disgust. Yeah, this is no place for someone to live.

Hoseok gives the door a few knocks, and we stand there, waiting for someone to come open the door.

A few seconds pass by, and Hoseok knocks again. He looks irritated because his facial expression gets distorted with every ticking second. Angry Hoseok is 'a very no fun' Hoseok. 

"I'm coming," a soft voice comes from the other side of the door. I turn in the opposite direction because I don't want to see the owner of the shoe.

I mean, a person that lives in a place like this and wears worn-out shoes must be disgusting. I'm a rude child, okay? With my background, I can't help it.

"Hmmm. I-is t-this y-y-y-yours?" I hear Hoseok stuttering. He will only react this way when he sees a cute guy. For instance, his voice gets low while his words come out not making sense.

I want to turn around to see who is making Hoseok speechless, but at the same time, I don't think I want to. 

I stare harder in the distance, looking for something to distract me from wanting to look at the owner of the shoe.

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me," the shoe owner chokes out.

It's just a crappy old shoe, so why is he making such a big fuss over it?

"Jungkook, what are you doing?" Taehyung whispers to me.

"I don't want to look at the owner of the shoe. They must be ugly to own a shoe that shitty." Taehyung smirks evilly at me.

"I told you this before, 'Don't let your mind play tricks on you. You're smarter than people give you credit for'. Now, look at the owner you ungrateful piece of shit." He smiles. Taehyung's personality is weird. A good weird, I think. He gives you a few compliments, only to throw insults in your face. Jokingly, of course. He calls it 'Complinsult', compliment and insult combined.

"I've told you this before, stop letting your mind play tricks on you because you're smarter than people give you credit for, I think. Now, look at the show owner, you ungrateful piece of shit," Taehyung continues to smile.

Taehyung's personality is weird but in a good way. One minute he's giving you praises, and the next, he's throwing insults in your face. He calls it complinsult. Both compliment and insult combined.

Sighing with annoyance, I turn around to look at the man in front of me, staring at his feet and making my way up to his face. He only has one shoe on. Cinderella, who?

Anyway, the navy blue pants he's wearing are dirty with tiny holes in places they shouldn't. My gaze comes to land on his broad shoulders. Astonish, I let out a small gasp.

The man has wide features, but it somehow goes well with his pastel pink t-shirt.

"My face is up here," he says.

Rolling my eyes, I eventually look up and meet his face. Out of nowhere, I hear this love song ringing in my ears.

"Do you hear that, Taehyung?" I ask Tae, but he shakes his head no. Weird.

I stare at the man in disbelief. I have never seen someone so beautiful in my life. Before I lift my hand to my mouth to make sure I'm not drooling. Hoseok taps my left shoulder, "You look like a fool right now. Stop drooling. Why don't you introduce yourself first, huh?" he teases.

I clear my throat because I don't want to sound bizarre when I introduce myself. I reach up with my right hand and say, "I love you."

Everything stops moving.

"I didn't know you had your name change, and to a cliché one at that, too," Hoseok says smugly, and Taehyung slaps the back of my head.

"Didn't know I did-- I mean, Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. And who are you?" After hearing my name, his face turns pale.

He opens the door slightly, and when we think he's going to invite us in, he slams the door in our faces.

"What is his problem?" I ask.

"I think it should be who," Taehyung winks at me.