SUICIDE PREVENTION :: WAKE UP!

I literally feel like I've been sucked into a parallel universe.
So sick to stomach.
And worried for everyone and their well being.

-

As we all know by now the amazingly talented 27 year old former frontman of SHINee, Kim Jonghyun has passed due to committing suicide.

I do not want to get into what all happened as that can be very triggering for many people, so I will leave that up to you to look into yourself.

I am more here to spread depression and mental health awareness to the world.

It saddens me to to know how contradictory South Korea is with the situation. They look down upon therapy and mental illness. They think of getting therapy as taboo and unneeded.

Despite, having the highest suicide rate in the world.

It angers me how South Korea can look upon everyone that has either passed or knows someone who's passed due to suicide (Statistics says that 1of 2 persons in Korea either knows someone who's committed suicide or knows someone who's been directly affected by someone committing suicide.) (news flash: that's a lot/ quite frankly too many) and not think to realize that MAYBE this is a serious issue and it's not somebody's personality that's at fault.

Now I don't want to shine the light on South Korea specifically because I know that many people from many different countries go through suicide, but I feel I can only talk about Korea as it's a personal subject to me and I only have knowledge of Korea statistics.

This is why I feel that this should be a wake up call. I'm tired of kpop fans and koreaboos holding Korea at such a high standard over every other country as if Korea is this perfect place with these perfect people. (News Flash: yes korea has nice architecture, yes the foods nice, and yes some of the people are so nice. But Korea is fucked. I hate to sound negative, but it's true. Korea's society is fucked, their views on certain subjects (homosexuality, religion, mental illness, and foreign beliefs) are fucked,

I understand people want to put up a front- they don't want to show the bad and the negative. I get it, but Korea is so hung up on their image and the Kpop Industry that they're completely ignoring the main issues in this country. This needs to change.

It so sad how everyone (not just in Korea) minimizes the thought of suicide then once it actually hits home they want to help and do something. THIS NEEDS TO CONTINUE.
Everyone feels terrible once it happens and everyone finally comes as one in unity once death occurs. But the second that feeling passed we as a species forget all about it and tend to our regular scheduled activities. It's a domino effect. Then always tend to ask "how could I have prevented this" I'll tell you how,

1. Take it seriously when someone notes how depressed or suicide (whether it's a joke or not)

2. Stop joking about suicide and depression it's not funny. And that's a main reason why people minimize suicide because there's so many false claims and jokes made about it.

3. Stop the bullying. You gain nothing from it.

4. Talk to them. Even if you don't know how to console them, just talk to them. So they know you care

5. Act fast. There's a difference between someone who's suicidal and someone who's depressed. (Someone who's depressed wants help and wants healing. Someone who's suicidal just wants to end it. If someone's suicidal they're going to do it to themselves without thought.)

6. Let your voice be heard and don't afraid to either speak out or show your emotions. ❤️

I am so tired of this. Nobody deserves to feel like they don't deserve to live.

We are all one and not one innocent person deserves to feel like they have to take the suicide route to be happy. You are loved and you are appreciated.

You are the most amazing, thoughtful, caring, gorgeous person ever. And I want you all to know how I feel about you.

You are loved.

You are appreciated.

You are the best thing to ever happen to this world.

The world thanks you for breathing in its air.

I thank you for breathing in this air.

You are fantastic.

You are talented.

You are smart.

You are happy.

You are amazing.

You are successful.

You are the most beautiful thing to walk this earth.

You are the most worthy thing to walk this earth.

I thank you for living.

I thank you for breathing.

And I apologize if you are going through some tough times.

I want to be there to hold and console you.

I am here to hold and console you.

1-800-273-8255