Chapter 18

Theo yells out in surprise and pain as his claws bounce straight off the icy Scott figure, the rebound sending him to the ground, his body sliding along the ice. Hearing the commotion, Stiles stops crying, opens his eyes and turns around and screams in horror at the sight in front of him.

"Scott!" Stiles cries out, sounding heartbroken as he gets to his feet and rushes around to the front of Scott to see him. Before he can fully check on Scott, he hears a groan and a growl from behind him and he sees Theo starting to get up, in his werewolf form. "I don't think so, you asshole!" Stiles practically snarls in anger and narrows his eyes at the traitor and sends a wall of ice towards Theo, smashing into Theo, knocking him out. Stiles then turns back around and focuses his attention back on Scott, his heart breaking and his stomach diving into the depths of hell as he gazes at Scott's terrified, yet determined frozen expression.

"No... Oh god, please no..." Stiles whimpers as he shakily reaches his hands out and caresses Scott's icy face in his hands, making this feel all the more real for Stiles. Stiles' total focus is on Scott now, not noticing how Lydia runs over to the two of them, a hand over her mouth to contain her sobs, tears in her eyes. Lydia keeps a bit of distance though, not wanting to upset Stiles further. Lydia just can't believe what she is seeing. They were only just a tiny bit too late.

Stiles looks over Scott's icy figure again, trying to find any part of him that isn't ice, but of course, no such luck. Even if what Theo told him just before was a lie, Scott is definitely dead now, his body forever to be an ice statue, staring worriedly and bravely at nothing.  "No... Scotty... You can't be gone... Please don't be gone..." Stiles whispers as he gazes back into Scott's frozen eyes again, his once beautiful eyes that will never see the light of day again. "What have I done?" Stiles asks shakily in a quiet whisper, tears continue to fill up Stiles' own already red and puffy eyes, blurring his vision.

"I need you, Scott. I love you so much, please don't leave me." Stiles cries as he basically collapses onto Scott's frozen form, sobbing into Scott's icy cold shoulder. Stiles cries and sobs harder as he realizes that he really did kill his best friend, the person that he loves, the person that has always been there for him through everything, no matter what. Stiles wishes with everything that he has that Scott could just hug him back and reassure him everything will be okay right now... But he can't. This makes Stiles sob harder.

"I love you..." Stiles continues to cry, his tears dropping down onto Scott's icy shoulder. Lydia hates the sight that is playing out in front of her. Lydia's heart breaks for Stiles, seeing how upset and broken he is over Scott. If only Lydia had gotten Scott to Stiles a little sooner, then maybe they wouldn't be in this horrible situation right now. Tears pour down Lydia's face, blurring her visions and she barely stifles her sob. At least she knows that Scott died for something worthwhile. He saved Stiles' life. Scott would have to be happy with that, Lydia is almost 100% certain of it. Lydia looks down at the ground and closes her eyes tightly, trying to block out the awful world around her, listening to Stiles' heart wrenching sobs, wanting this nightmare all to be over.

Stiles continues to cling onto Scott as he sobs heavily, his tears continuing to drip down onto Scott's body, never wanting to let go of his best friend. This is Stiles' fault. All of it. "I'm so sorry, Scotty..." Stiles whimpers between his sobs. Each second is worse than the last as Stiles hugs onto Scott's ice statue tightly, wondering why the hell Scott would ever die for him. Stiles nuzzles his face into Scott's cold, icy neck as he continues to sob in despair, his body shaking rapidly, his throat sore from all the sobbing and crying while his face is soaked with horrified tears as well as his tears of pure pain and grief.

Unknown to Stiles and Lydia, as they aren't looking, the middle of Scott's chest starts to thaw out and slowly unfreeze, returning to normal. The thawing process slowly begins to spread out from Scott's chest to the rest of his body. Lydia looks up for a moment to see this happening and gasps in shock, clearly not expecting to see this happening. Her heart feels like it is in her throat as she continues to watch as Scott keeps thawing out, the ice melting and fading away while Stiles still sobs into Scott's neck, completely unaware of what is going on. Lydia sniffles and wipes away her tears, hope starting to rise up inside of her again. Lydia's heart is beating extra fast as she watches the ice disappear, bringing the real and alive (she hopes) version of Scott back again.