20 | I DON'T LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND

B. Loski's Point of View

     What's the deal with us? I begin pacing back and fourth, I told her I liked her! She said she liked me! I asked her to Homecoming! She said yes! And nothing more has happened this whole week! Are we even going to Homecoming anymore? Why am I still with Sarah? I don't like her!

"Sarah's here!" I hear my mother call from downstairs. Great timing. I sigh, "I'm coming!" I yell back, exiting my room and running down the steps, there stood Sarah in my front door.

I walked outside to talk to her. Sarah laughed, "Actually I was thinking we could go inside... to talk about what colors we're wearing for Homecoming."

My eyes met Sarah's, I began to feel bad a little. How could I date her knowing I didn't like her. Well, why do I feel bad? She's apart of the group of people who mock the girl I'm in l- like with!

"Uhm about that." I nervously chuckled, scratching the back of my neck, "I-uh- you know, things aren't working out..." I trailed off. Sarah angrily folded her arms across her chest, "What are you talking about?"

I sighed, "Sarah.. I- there's no easy way to say this. But I think we should break up." I blurted our. Sarah scoffed, "You're breaking up with me?" She asked in disbelief.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm sorry Sarah." I spoke, my tone soft and genuine. Sarah raised her hand and brought it across my face harshly, leaving a stinging sensation.

"Ugh! Ridiculous!" She hissed, storming off. My hand reached up to my sore cheek, rubbing it a little. I let out a sigh, "Fucking hell that went terrible."

I walked back inside, my hand still on my cheek. "Bryce! Someone's on the phone for you." My mother informed me, stopping me before I could walk upstairs.

I trailed over to the phone, pressing it to my ear, "Sarah just stormed pass my house. I'm guessing you caused this?" Naomi's familiar voice rung over the phone.

I laughed a little, "You know me so well!" I mocked a little. Naomi chuckled, "Well, What day you come over and we color coordinate for homecoming?"

"Are you- are you serious?" I stuttered over the phone. She scoffed, "No! What the hell do you think I am? You should come over though, my mom is making pasta for dinner tonight. Yum."

"I'd like that." I spoke softly, my heart racing, the pain on my cheek was now gone and the only pain I felt was in my heart. How could liking her so much hurt me?

"We'll get your ass over here Loski! I'm not gonna wait all damned day!"

     "Hey!" I greeted Naomi happily, wrapping her in my arms as she opened the door. Naomi laughed a little as she pulled away, "Hey."

"Naomi, is Bryce here?" Naomi's mother asked, I entered the house, smiling at Naomi's Mother, "Hey Miss Hanson!"

She chuckled, "Hi sweetheart! I've missed you, you haven't been around here lately." She commented. I chuckled a little, "I'm here all the time-" I started, Naomi nudged me a little.

"You're-uhm- just never here.." I finished my sentence. Naomi's hand flung over her face, I laughed a little at her. Miss Hanson chuckled, "Well that's alright, I trust you two."

Naomi and I walked over to the dinner table. I sat down beside Naomi, "Where's Jace?" Naomi looked over at me, "Where do you think?"

"His girlfriends." Naomi's mother finished, placing food in front of us and sitting down. We all put food on our plates and began eating. Naomi's mother spoke up, "Bryce, how are your parents?"

I looked up at her, "They're good. I'm sure they'll think it's sweet you asked." I spoke softly. Her mother smiled a little. Naomi smiled at me as well, "You're polite."

We finished the meal, picking up casual conversation throughout the dinner. Naomi and I helped her mother clean up.

"Mom, Bryce and I are going to my room!" Naomi informed her mother, grabbing my hand as we ran down the hall. "Okay!" Her mother yelled back.

We entered Naomi's room and sat down on her bed. Naomi looked over at me, "You really broke up with Sarah?" Naomi asked me. I nodded, placing my hand on her cheek, "Yeah. She'll probably hate me for an eternity, but.. I don't give a shit as long as I've got you."

Naomi chuckled and placed her head on my shoulder, "Don't be such a cliche Bryce Loski."  She licked her lips, letting another light laugh drip from them. Holy shit, she's so beautiful. How could someone be this beautiful? And call me a cliche and somehow flatter me?

"Phrases only become cliches because they're so true." I stated, looking down at her, "And it's true, nothing else matters to me as long as I've got you."

"I absolutely hate you."