Final Fantasy XV

ChapterOne

Snowhad started falling in Niflehiem a few days after Shiva's death.Ardyn was prominently at Gralea not wishing to spend any more timethen needed at the magitek facility. The pain of losing Carna wasstill too real for him to bare. The burial of Carna took place a dayafter they had arrived back at the facility, Verstael thought itfitting for her to be buried in the magitek armour she had beenwearing. He laid her in a peaceful sleep position placing the facemask just under her hands which were holding white flowers. Ardyn hadwatched numbly as Carna was carried out by the Magitek's and placedin her burial spot. Both Verstael and Ardyn spoke on her life withthem adding what they had been planning to do in the future had shesurvived. Though each had different ideas on the future. Ardyn hadwanted to bury Carna's journal with her but found himself unable topart with it. Deciding to keep the journal with him instead. The restof that day had gone somberly with Ardyn heading straight to Gralea.

Ardynwas walking slowly to the throne room having been summoned there byEmperor Aldercapt. A month had already passed since there victoryover Shiva with very little happening. He thought very little of thesummons thinking it was another mission briefing on an intel targetor social gathering. The door was opened to him a few moments afterarriving and he saw the council in their usual places with Ravus NoxFleuret and a woman he had never seen before standing at the bottomof the throne steps. He looked to Ravus and the woman with verylittle interest then to Aldercapt. "You asked for my presenceemperor." he said bowing slightly stopping beside Ravus. "YesI called you here to inform you on a few changes which are to beimplemented into the army." There was a light pause with Ardynlooking slightly confused. "I would like Ravus to be present onany army related missions as well as Aranea Highwind to be second incommand." Aldercapt continued whilst indicating to each one hewanted assigned in turn as he spoke. Ardyn looked surprised for amoment but nodded. "As you wish." was all he said. "Therewill be a briefing in a few days on a problematic situation onNifleheim's boarders." Spoke Aldercapt before waving them out ofthe room. Ravus walked out first and quickly walked down thecorridor. Aranea and Ardyn walked out together. "Congratulationson your position of second in command." He said with only slightsincerity. "Thanks, I will endeavor to do better then your firstsecond in command." Ardyn looked to her with anger but let themoment pass before replying. "If you stick to what I say thenyou will be fine." They both went there separate ways at the endof the corridor.

Arrivingback at his assigned quarters Ardyn placed his hat on the table bythe door smiling at the picture of himself, Carna and Verstael whichhe had decided to frame and not just leave it in Carna's journal.He'd placed the photo on his desk finding slight reprieve from hisgrief when looking at it. On the coffee table was the journal. It wasa little scuffed and the pages were dog eared from being read a fewtimes. The journal like the photo gave Ardyn comfort and a way toremember the times before her death. He knew there would be a daywhere he wouldn't need the journal as a source of comfort but placedthat thought to the back of his mind. As he sat down on the couch hethought back to the new members to the army. He'd always hated Ravussince the first time they had met finding him trying to please theemperor more then anything else which made him being placed in thearmy expected. Arenea had been some what of a surprise and anunwelcome one. Not for the fact of who she was but for the simplereason of having her placed upon his army in a position he had notwanted to be filled. Ardyn thought on the situation when the phone onhis desk rang. Coming out of his thoughts he moved and answered it.The voice of Verstael surprised him for a moment. "You betterget back to the facility quickly." He was about to ask why hewas needed there when Verstael continued. "Carna has gone."Sitting down not sure what to think he gave the only answer he could."I'll be there in a few hours." Placing the phone down withnew thoughts going through his head. Taking his hat Ardyn made hisway to the airship with the journal.