Chapter 14

The group is silent at lunch.

Training today kicked everyone's asses and I don't think I am capable of doing anything the rest of the day.

I can barely stand on my own damn two feet.

The silence today is slightly awkward. No one is even attempting to start a conversation and we're all just looking around, or staring at our plates.

I'm still can't quite understand how Reznik expects us to respect him when he treats us like shit. We all work so hard everyday, get yelled at by an asshole, and yet we're still expected to act like adults. But we shouldn't have to pretend like we're adults.

We're just kids playing soldiers.

Nugget is so young he never even got a life, it's just not fare. And Vosch wants us to cone in here and pretend like we don't know anything else besides training and shooting. We all had lived before this, and all of them just want us to leave it behind.

I wanted to leave Scarlett behind, but maybe I shouldn't. But this new way of living is all I have left and Scarlett can't survive in this world. And if I'm going to do anything, I'm going to live.

They want all of us to change and be something we never could have imagined. As I look around at my squad, I realize I'm not the only one going through the internal battle that I am, and maybe I have someone I can relate to about letting go and becoming Enigma. Even Teacup is going through what I am.

The changes they're making in us may be for the better but we just don't see it.

You're beating plowshares into swords, Vosch. You are remaking us.
We are the clay, and you are Michelangelo.
And we will be your masterpiece.

My oh my has this been a crazy week for me. Finals were last week and a few nights ago I had emergency surgery because I got appendicitis. I'm recovering but it's been difficult. I know this isn't the best chapter ever, I'm still not feeling great but I'm trying for you guys!!

For all my readers that watch the Walking dead: I am absolutely heartbroken. No words will ever describe the hurt I feel from Carl getting bit. In my opinion it was such a disrespectful way for Carl to do. The connection I feel to Carl can't be put into words. All I can say is I'm hurt.

Keep on commenting and voting my loves!!