Chapter 1: Who the Hell is She?

"Come and join us at the Windam University for this project. We welcome you." I say with a sigh. Freaking Erwin. Why did he sign me up for this stupid thing? I don't understand him sometimes. I looked at the entrance to the university. "Guess I have no choice."

I walked to the science department and found a young man. "Excuse me, sir?"

"Yes?" The man looked up with his name-tag showing, Moblit.

"I'm here for the science project. Where can I find the person in charge?"

"Oh, you're looking for that person. Please, follow me." Moblit took me behind the desk and into a lab room. Someone was deep in the closet, rummaging deep. This person wore a white lab coat and had some kind of dark brown hair. "Hanji, someone's here."

"Hah?" The person I assume was Hanji turned around. A pair of see-through glasses on her face. She had her hair up, but it was messy. Her eyes were gleaming bright and was staring at me.

"Who are you?" I crossed my arms and leaned against a lab table.

"Oh, I'm Hanji Zoe, how about you?" She pulled her rubber band out of her hair and tried to fix her hair.

"Levi Ackerman. What are you going to do about it?"

"I just wanted to know you just a bit, that's all." Hanji put hands down and smiled at me. I don't believe it, she's trying to know me? I want to get this thing over and done with.

"Whatever. Tell me, how long will this project take?"

"Jeez, what's with the attitude?" She turned her head a bit. 

"I was forced to go here by a friend."

"Oh. It's gonna take a few months."

"Months?!" I raised my voice as Hanji started to clean her glasses.

"Yeah, months."

"I quit."

I started to leave. "Levi, you can't leave. Your friend signed your name and it will take months until it wears off. You're entitled to stay."

"You got to be kidding me."

"I'm not. But since you're here, I have a dorm room for you and you'll get free meals. Only if you participate."

"Ugh... fine."

"Okay then. Time to answer questions."

"What kind of questions?"

"Personal."

"Ugh... go ahead."

"Take a seat then." I listen to her, sitting down on the chair. "We'll start with... what is your favorite animal?"

"Seriously? Blue bird."

"Favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Close friend name."

"Erwin Smith."

"Wait... Erwin Smith? The leader of the Speech and Debate? That Erwin?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"He's kinda known around here."

"Okay."

"How did you meet up with him? I'm quite curious?" She leaned forward.

"Just doing what I do best and he came by. Took me in."

"Wow. Sounds like him."

"Anyways, can we move on?"

"Alright then. Interest in girls?"