Chapter 2: Truths or Lies?

I never called Hanji that night, so I fell asleep with no food. It didn't bother me, hearing my stomach grumble for food. It was not the first time or the last, I'll always been hungry, I will never be full. My eyes started to pain me, so I rubbed it. I must've cried myself to sleep, I looked around and found myself on the floor. Is it because of Jasmine that I remember them? I don't know. A buzzing noise came from the phone that Hanji gave me, picked it up and it had her name.

Answering the call, "Hello?" I ask.

"Levi, there you are. I was worried about you." Her voice soothes me.

"Why are you worried?"

"You didn't contact me for dinner and I didn't want to barge in. Wanna come for breakfast?"

"Uh..."

"Come on, please? I'll pay for everything."

"Do I have a choice?"

"Well, you do have to come once I finish breakfast... so..."

"I'm coming then. Where are you at?"

"I'm waiting outside of your dorm building. Come outside when you're ready to go. I know a great place for us."

"Ugh... fine." I hung up and I stood up. I went to go take a quick shower and tried to comb my hair with my fingers. I only hope that Jasmine won't tell about that day to anyone else, I won't allow that.

Walking outside the dorm building, I see Hanji sitting on a bench, reading a book. She was laying on the bench as well, but mostly interested in her book. 

"Hanji, I'm ready." I throw my hands up as she looked at me.

"Don't do that, it's creepy when you do that."

"Why not? Can't be like this?" I lowered my arms.

"Well... it's nothing. Come on, let's go eat something." Hanji closes the book and leads me to the parking lot. 

Hanji's car wasn't special, it was a regular 4 seat car in silver paint. She pulled her keys out and the car beeped. She opened the door, "Levi, get in."

"Alright then." I opened the door and sat down. Hanji then started the car, music started to play, but no words.

"Dammit." Hanji starts to reach for the radio, but I grabbed her hand.

"It's fine. I want to know more about you, sometimes you can learn from music."

"Wow... I should know that. Can't guarantee you that you'll love it."

The ride was not that long, Hanji's music was sooth and calm. Does this help calm her down or make her focus. I turn to see her concentrating on the road, her eyes never taking off.

"Hanji?"

"Shut up." She says.

"Hanji."

"What?" She turns her head slightly to me.

"Are you okay? You don't seem... normal..."

"Ah. I'm like that. Besides, we're almost there, we'll talk more."

"Fine." I leaned back and I looked outside the window. Leaves were falling and the trees turned from it's bright green colors into its golden days. The car started to slow down and turned into another parking lot. We passed by a sign, Silver Birds.

Hanji stopped the car and basically told me to get out. Once I got out from the car, I smelled the brisk air. Smelling it... reminded me of the day Isabel, Farlan and I went to the park...