Not Leaving Again (and I Mean it This Time)

Ha!
Rebuilding Mechanicsburg on the second round went faster and with more improvements than when Wulfenbach was attacking. The bubble was down and the town was finally settling. Tarvek and Gil were busy themselves, sorting out their communication problem, whether or not they wanted to, and their respective empires while Agatha ran about her city making repairs and checking that everything was working smoothly. With all the rushing about it hadn't dawned on her how few jägers were out until she came across one carrying medical supplies to Gkika's

"Wåiţ, whêręs thê řeşt øf ýoū?" Agatha was stunned as she addressed the lithe, dust coloured jäger clad in a pure white shirt, fit black pants and tall leather boots.
The jäger's elongated fingers fumbled with the box of supplies as she tripped, her long hair swishing forward to cover over her face and hat. "Uh, ah, vell mistress, hyu see, some ov dem are around und about, ja?" The jäger stumbled over her unprepared lie in great effort to avoid the truth. "Ders odders who're not back yet or are securing de perimeter" she said more confidently. "Hy heard a few ov dem ver underground." She put the box down on nearby stairs. "Und vun of de transport tunnels just vwooosh-." She motioned an explosion with her freed hands before continuing. "Und so hym sure deys fine coz dere vern't many, nope, not a large number of injured jägers at all. Zo de-"

"I thought there were just secret tunnels?" Agatha interrupted.

"Uh..." The jäger's eyes went wide as she stared and sputtered.

Her hesitation made more than a bit unbelievable and before she could continue the lie, a corset clad jäger came along to add in.

"Giff it op Freiden, de new Mistress iz a smart gurl, und iffen somevun as gullible as Sedjovich ken see hyur lies, she ken." He turned from reprimanding Feiden. She grumbled, mumbling about 'gett him later' and continued carrying the box to Gkika's. He rolled his eye and lightly bowed to Agatha while balancing some contraption on his right. "Excuse her, Mistress, she gets carried avay vit her stories sometimes."

Agatha remained rooted, relieved for a new jäger with possible answers to have come over.
"Oh, she hadn't gotten that far. What's your name?" she said.
The asiatic jäger looked shocked for a bit and childishly smiled, his eyes narrowing more so.
"My name's Khunbish Denzininski, Mistress, bot most ov mine siblings just call me Denizen"

"It's very nice to meet you, but I'm still wondering where the other jägers are. Other than Oggie, Maxim and the generals. I've only seen maybe half of the jägers" Agatha set her hand on her hip as she spoke.

"Oh, most ov dem is at Mamma Gkika's. De time bubble had a pretty bad shock und dere vere many hurt in de battle before it vent op," he shrugged.

"Ok, I'll make sure to stop by. Why don't they go to the hospital if their hurt?"

"Vell, it's still kind ov crumbled und, hy didn't tell hyu bot... de jägers iz de Heterodyne's secret, de only vun who ken vork on a jäger iz de Heterodynes," he sarcastically stated it like it was a big reveal. Until now it had been a stupid secret, in his opinion, but a near unanimous one.

Agatha stood in shock. "Whät!? Whý dîdņ'ţ ãnýbøđy țēlļ mę?" A few minions working nearby worriedly looked up at hearing harmonics lacing the anger in her voice. She stepped close to Denzininski.

"Vell..." he kept his voice steady and indifferent. "Efferyvun tought hyu vere too busy to deal vit fixing a few hundred jägers so deys kept it under wraps fer a better time"

"Bůt thêy'rę huŕt, ăñy tımę cøuňtś!" Agatha fisted Denzininski's shirt, close enough he could see the flame in her eyes. She let go as soon as she had grabbed him and ran down the street in a fury. Denizen let out a resolute sigh then continued with his assignment.