iii

➵

CLAUDIA WATCHED AS BENNY STRUGGLED to make the strange girl talk to him. She looked to be Claudia's age, bright brown eyes, patches of dirt all around her body as well as a ripped dress. No. It looked more like a hospital gown.

"Benny," Claudia began as she looked at Benny, her voice still a bit hoarse and dry as she spoke, "maybe I should have a go. She probably might feel comfortable with some...feminine company."

Benny let out a big sigh and he nodded his head, "Okay." Was all that Benny simply said before getting out of the chair, allowing the brunette to sit down.

As Claudia did so, she kept her eyes trained on the other girl. She looked the exact same as Claudia. Dirty, tired, messy.

"Hey." Claudia whispered and she cleared her throat, finally sounding a bit normal again. "Look, we just want some answers from you and then you can go back to eating, okay?"

But the shaved head girl said nothing.

Claudia paused, staring at her features again.

Maybe she ran away from something as well.

Or, to be more specific, someone.

"You ran away, didn't you?" Claudia whispered and finally, the other girl looked up at her, her big brown eyes catching Claudia's bright hazel ones.

Claudia couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief when the other girl did so. "It's okay, I ran away as well." She replied. "Well, probably not what you ran away from." Claudia added.

Claudia sighed heavily as she looked back down at her fingers that she was fiddling with, her right leg bouncing up and down repeatedly as her heel on her foot tapped against the ground.

"Bad people."

It was like a dream come true.

She finally spoke.

Claudia looked back up at the young girl, "You ran away from bad people?" She repeated and the other nodded her head. "Oh, I ran away from...I wouldn't say bad people as well. More like...bad things."

The shaved hair girl then slowly, pointed her index finger at herself. "Bad people," Then pointed her finger at Claudia, "Bad things."

Claudia finally knew that the two were going somewhere. She did a better job than what Benny was doing (who was now in the kitchen).

Claudia looked around again before looking back at the other runaway. "My name is Claudia. What's yours?" She asked.

And then she frowned when she realised that the other girl was pulling up her sleeve.

And there stood the numbers

'011'

"Eleven." The brown eyed girl spoke as she pointed to herself.

"Eleven is your name?" Claudia asked and Eleven nodded her head slowly. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Eleven."

And Eleven smiled, which made Claudia - for the first time - smile as well.

"Hellooooo? Is anyone thereeeee? Over."

"Hi, Mike. Over."

"Clauds! Do you like the walkie talkie? Over."

"Well, yeah. Thanks for getting it for me!
Over."

"That's okay! Over."

But I'm scared I'll lose it. Over."

"You won't. You will be okay! Over."

"Promise? Over."

"You're my best friend, I promise. Over."

"Alright, bye Mike! Over."

"Bye Clauds! Over and Out."

Well, there were some promises that Mike couldn't keep.

/////

helloooooooo

It's ya girllllll

Indeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh

Okay sorry oml

Have a great day!

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana