CHAPTER ONE

It was here that I realised that your eyes resembled the night sky that floated above us. Eyes so dark you could see the stars, except the stars in your eyes shun brighter that the stars in the sky ever could. In them, I saw my hopes and dreams and I got lost.

Your beauty was great from afar but almost painful up close. Because up close, you could see every wrinkle that formed when you laughed, and the line of gum that showed when you smiled. you can see every spot and blemish and imperfection that you had, which only made you even more perfect and beautiful.

The way you walked the aisles of the library; your thin petite figure struggling to carry the many books needed to pass the weekend. The way you cut your hair in a short, curly style makes the blonde highlights in your brown hair stand out. Everything she is is different from the rest, yet, you never felt special.

I watched you in every class. Everyday for months and months. You were my motivation. When I walked in with my five o'clock shadow and morning blues, you somehow manged to put a smile on my face by simply being there. The way you looked when you thought no one was looking. You knew the answer when asked but never had the guts to say it aloud. Your eyes lit up and your face scrunched whenever someone answered it wrong. I found it amazing how you felt so little when you made my feel fifty-feet tall.

I loved you in every single way. The small things you did drove me crazy. But no matter how tall you made me feel, I would never be able to tell you that you were the light that gave me hope.