Dear Mother

Loki angrily marched into the castle, his fists clenched. He headed to his chamber without sparing her a glance and shut his door closed. He was not a lovesick moron, will never be. He needed to calm his anger, because the intense emotion reminded him of how she tricked him, played him. He sharply inhaled and exhaled, before getting back to his business. He was to deal with her later, for now she had to be put aside.

He stepped back and began using his regained magic to travel through the realms, landing successfully on the freezing lands of Jotunheim after murmuring a transportation spell. The freezing air whistled around him and he welcomed it as his eyes fluttered close. There was a tint of blue on his skin from the familiar cold but he didn't allow his true form to take over just yet. Sticking to stay in his Aesir appearance.

His insides began to clench painfully and he clutched his middle as he fell to his knees, energy draining out of him, weakening him. He inhaled in the cold air around him and breathed hard, trying to regain a bit of strength back. He didn't know how long it would last him to continue to use large amounts of magic.

He slowly rose back up his feet, straightening to stand with pride. Even if he was weak, he refused to appear weak.

With a shiver, and not from the cold, he sensed someone watching him with crimson eyes from the rocky the cave. He squinted his eyes and moved to get a closer look. He felt for his blades behind his armor in case he had to attack, looking at the Jotun hiding in the mouth of the cave.

Loki didn't speak, just stood there. Silently waiting for the creature to step out. He didn't move, standing there stock still. He looked up briefly when snow began dropping to the surface. The winds howling and viciously blew against him. He tried to calm his heavy breathes, uncomfortable in this realm as he was. When the Frost Giant decided to slowly step out with reluctance, Loki grabbed his dagger out.

The Jotun spoke, voice rough and husky. "Loki. Son of Laufey." He had no weapon on him, but he was strong enough to bring down the God of Mischief unarmed.

Loki sneered up at the Frost Giant, but took a tentative step forward. "You're the one to assist me to my birth mother, are you not?"

The Frost Giant grunted in response.

Loki narrowed his eyes, but didn't put his dagger away. "Good. I was hoping to meet you soon. Never thought you'd come though. Why did you come? You are to hate me. I murdered your leader."

"I may have been treated as an equal, also serving under the name of Laufey, but I had grown to despise what he truly was."

"What you are as well. All you Jotuns are the same." Loki said blankly.

"As are you." The Frost Giant said with a smirk. Loki gritted his teeth, but didn't say anything back. The Frost Giant continued. "I knew your mother. I loved her."

Loki tilted his head in interest. "Now this all makes sense." He said.

"She was treated horribly in the hands of Laufey. He had no mercy on her. He had beaten her, killed her family, and even raped her."

Loki's breath hitched.

"That's how you came about."

The trickster swallowed. "He was a monster."

"The worst."

Loki looked down at his hand, the faintest blue on his skin. "He's still apart of me. No matter how much I want to run away from this...form, it always catches up to me." He then looked up at the Frost Giant, who stood there with a blank face.

"You haven't accepted what you are. You will never let go of that hate if you do not accept."

Loki swallowed and inhaled, before he spoke again. "But I'm also part Aesir. Is my mother a true Jotun?"