chapter 1 proposal

Notes: I'm kind of using Dom's idea of a wayhaught proposal from Earpercon for inspiration hope you enjoy, sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Waverly had been planning this for months now and kept having second thoughts but she knew it was finally time. She was heading to the jewelry store to pick out a ring, this was the thing that she was most nervous for, well part from the actually part of asking the question. When she got there she then realised that this could be harder then she expected. There were dozens of rings that she liked that she thought would suit Nicole perfectly. Until she saw the one, it wasn't like the generic engagement ring with a gold band with a diamond on top, she wasn't looking for a generic one anyway, but this one was a silver band with a sapphire on it. But what stood out for Waverly was it was same blue on the ring Nicole always wore until she lost it. She had been devastated that she lost it, because it was her grandmother's ring that she had given before she died. Waverly knew the colour was important to Nicole and her grandmother. She knew it would be perfect for Nicole.

************************************

Today was the day. Waverly was finally going to ask Nicole. She's never been more nervous for something in her life. She went up to Nicole that afternoon at her desk with a coffee and a note. She was welcomed with the biggest grin and those adorable dimples she could never get tired of looking at. She gave Nicole a quick kiss before turning quickly on her heels before Nicole could ask her any questions. She turned around just before walking out and gave Nicole a wink and giggled at the confusion on her face. Nicole opened the note that read:
'meet me here at 8 o clock, wear something nice, love your Waverly xxx'
That left Nicole with a smile but also even more confused.

***********************************

On the dot Nicole was at her desk once again at 8 o clock that evening. She had her short hair in loose curls and wore a navy dress that hugged her body perfectly, stopping just at her knees it had a cut at the bottom that just showed off one leg. It was only a little low on her chest showing off her cleavage slightly, she had only started showing her chest off more since she started dating Waverly Earp, teasing the younger girl a little. She looked around for her girlfriend but she couldn't find her. She looked at her watch to check the time, 1 minute past 8, it read, was she to early? she thought. Then suddenly at her desk she saw one single rose, then saw a fallen petal from the rose that lead on to more on the ground. Nicole then went on to follow them to Nedley's office door.

Nicole opened the door, she gasped at what she saw before her. The youngest Earp was standing by Nedley's desk that was laid out like a dinner table for two. It had candles and a still steaming hot dinner. When she looked around the room more candles were placed around the place then suddenly her eyes stopped at the girl before her. Her breathe was taking away from her again. The small girl was wearing a red dress that stopped just at her knees that flew out when she twirled around at the noise of the door opening. Like Nicole' s it showed off her chest just a little. "Surprise!" Waverly said with the biggest smile and raising her arms for effect. Nicole smiled back, but then confusion was written on her face once again, just like this afternoon. "Waves, this looks amazing, you look" she sighed once again at the sight of her girlfriend. "Amazing" she finally breathed, earning a blush from the smaller girl. "But what is this for?" Nicole questioned looking round the room again. It wasn't their anniversary, they celebrated that last week, she still couldn't believe that she's been dating Waverly Earp for two years now. She still couldn't understand how this amazing girl liked her back. "It's a suprise" Waverly had told her
mischievously with a wink. Waverly then went up to Nicole, grabbing her hand saying a quick 'excuse me' while moving the taller girl to shut the door. The two girls laughed at the deja vu of the moment.

They ate, they talked, they laughed and now again with a few suggestive leg strokes to the other under the table. Towards the end of dessert, (which was Wynonna bringing a big plate of donuts saying 'that's the best I got' which earned a eye roll from Waverly and a laugh from Nicole.) Waverly thought to herself, 'now or never'. "Uhh Nicole" she mumbled. "Hmm" Nicole hummed looking at there now entangled hands smiling. "There's been something I wanted to tell you" Waverly said now working up the courage to looking Nicole in the eyes. She almost forgot what she was going to say from the caring look in Nicole's soft brown eyes and how she stroked the back of her hand with her thumb. " I um, I wanted to have dinner here because" Waverly started but she laughed instead at the memory, Nicole smiled at her because she knew what she was think about. "Because this is where I first kissed you, and you kissed me back, and I thought the entire world had stopped at that moment because I have never felt like that before, but you Nicole, you gave me the courage to finally tell you my feelings and you helped me understand who I really am, and you were so caring and made sure to check if I was comfortable with myself first, and I will never be able to thank you enough. But why I really did all this, and why I brought you here is because, this is obviously an important place in our relationship you know, even if it is in your boss's office." She giggled which made Nicole giggle to. "And I was hoping this place would give me the courage I had then to kiss you, to ask you something" she said while standing up and walking over to Nicole with a huge smile on her face. "Waves?" Nicole asked worried. Waverly grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze, then bending down to Nicole' s height in the chair (she thanked herself for picking out the dress she could move more easily in.)

"Nicole Elizabeth Haught, would you make me the happiest girl in the world and, will you marry me?" Waverly asked, the nerves finally kicking in. Nicole gasped for the third time that evening, her eyes became watery, but then did a light chuckle. Something Waverly wasn't expecting to say the least. "Well dammit Earp, you beat me to it." She pulled out a ring from her bag. Waverly was the one to gasped then. "I've been carrying this around for the past week, and I was going to ask you on the weekend" Nicole explained laughing, Waverly then laughed with her. Nicole got off her chair to be on the ground with Waverly. Placing both her hands on Waverly s cheeks, pulling her into a soft but passionate and loving kiss. "Look on the bright side" Nicole finally said pulling away, slowly. "At least we don't have to go buy a second ring" which set both the girls in a fit of laughter. "So that's a yes then?" Waverly asked with a raised eyebrow. Nicole then realised she hadn't answered her yet. "Oh my god yes, Waverly yes, of course I'll marry you!" She then pulled her into another kiss more harder, but still just as passionate and loving. The girls both put on the other's ring. The ring Nicole had got Waverly was a gold band with a light green emerald on it a similar colour to her eyes. It was beautiful. The rings were total opposites and at first glance you would think they wouldn't go together, but like Nicole and Waverly if you looked much further you would know straight away they were the perfect fit.

"I love you Waves" Nicole had whispered, their foreheads pressed together.
"I love you too Nicole". The two girls slowly got up together not taking their eyes off each other. As they left the office hand in hand to head back home they were suddenly stopped with shouts and whistles. Wynonna, Doc, Dolls, Jeremy and even Nedley were there to congratulate them. They instead went to shorty's to get drinks and celebrate. Nicole and Waverly couldn't take their eyes off each other the whole night. With the occasional kiss that got a "GET A ROOM" shout from Wynonna, which set Waverly and Nicole in a fit of giggles.