Chapter 1- Aelin x Dakota

Aelin

Aelin dug her nails into her hands as the pain slowly drove her insane. She'd been in this god's awful coffin for who knows how long. She was completely depleted of her magic and the iron wasn't helping. She knew there was no way for her to get out of the coffin with weapons because she was a- too weak, b- because it was crafted by people who had her in their minds and c- she was chained from head to toe in iron. Well, at least she would have time to process what had happened since she had last seen Rowan. She would have had thousands of years with her mate, but now she was locked up in an iron box practically swimming in her own piss and blood. Aelin had enough of torturing herself by staying awake and attempted to roll over to lay on her stomach but the chains held her captive. My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and I will not be afraid was the last thing she thought before she blacked out.

Aelin jolted awake and bashed her head against the top of the rutting iron box and immediately gasped in pain. A pulsing in her head started. She wanted out. She wanted to be with Rowan in Terrasen, breathing in the clear fresh air or anywhere that was not here. Aelin had to get out all the gods-damned iron that the evil bitch had put her in. That bitch had to go. She had separated Aelin and her mate, whipped her, and threatened to hurt Elide. Elide deserved so much more than Aelin could have given her, mainly because Aelin was in a rutting iron coffin. Manon better be taking care of Elide otherwise Manon would regret it. However Aelin had faith in Manon and she knew Manon would do the right thing. With Lysandra in the place of Aelin everything should be going smoothly if Aedion didn't blow it when he realized he had not been included in the plan and Aelin was gone. She hoped that Ilias and Galan had arrived and met Lysandra without problems, she could only hope that Ansel would raise hell for Ilias.The pounding in her head increased. Her thoughts were starting to slow and Aelin couldn't stand the pain any longer and passed out in the coffin.

Aelin awoke to the casket lurching through the air and she flinched at the sudden movement. She hadn't heard anyone or anything since the beach. Aelin sighed as she felt blood seeping out of the whip marks in her back. Aelin managed a smile when she thought about how angry Maeve would be when she realized that Aelin did not have the two Wyrdkeys. Her smile disappeared when she thought about how Cairn would punish her when they found out. She was about to blackout again when she thought about the Wyrdmarks. All Aelin needed was blood and she had plenty of that in the sarcophagus, she thought dryly. Aelin calculated about how much space she had in the casket when she lost consciousness again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Dakota

I pumped my arms faster, harder, I was almost there. I could make it; I needed to make it, my first class was in 45 minutes. What the hell- I could not be late on the first day. I needed to make friends, network, meet the teachers and whatever people did on the first fucking day. The light-rail was 100 feet away and skidded to a squeaky ass stop. I pushed my legs faster and I knew I looked absolutely ridiculous in my mismatched outfit which were sweats, a fancy shirt, and heels, to top it off I was wearing a plastic bow in my hair. I couldn't help but curse my siblings but it was tradition, as always Cookie was separated from us and didn't have to partake in the dumb tradition. I was 15 feet away from the door and I was desperate- so I did what any sane person would do. I chucked my bag at the train, of course it hit the train and bounced into the doors while they beginning to close. With my game face on I took 3 big steps and launched myself through the air and slid into the train. I was disoriented to say the least. As I lay on the dusty dirt covered floor I heard applause and realised all the passengers were looking at me, some had their phones out and that was when I knew this was going on the internet. Shiiiiiit. I banged my head on the floor three times before accepting a random hand that had reached to pick me up. As I got pulled off of the ground, I saw that the hand was connected to a hot body. A guy with black hair and sapphire eyes with body that looked like it was a 6 pack- no 8 pack underneath under armour. Huh, I recognised him from somewhere.

"Why are you wearing under armour in the summer?" Was the first thing I blurted out of my big mouth. Oh fuck, I'd blown it and the one chance of hooking up with someone hot was out of the water.

Hot guy just chuckled and pulled me along to 2 empty seats. That was when I realized we were still holding hands and immediately released his.

As we settled into our seats, I turned, about to speak to hot guy when he pulled out a book. I leaned over trying to see what book it was, when he shifted and prevented me from seeing the title. This only made me more curious and when he moved again, I knew he was trying to hide the title. I blew a strand of my hair, trying to formulate a plan so I could figure out what he was reading. My ass slid down the blue chair seat as I raked my brain for ideas.

5 minutes passed and I was bored out of my mind and hot guy was still reading. He stretched out his legs on the chair in front and that was when I plucked a genius idea out of my less than average brain. Since he had the aisle, I could pretend I was getting off and then quickly spin around and check the title.

"Dude, I'm getting off here." I poked him, "Can you let me out?"

He moved his legs but still didn't say anything. I picked my bag off the floor and walked past.

"See you around." I said.

I gave him a military salute at the same time I dove onto the ground and saw the title. My eyes widened. I opened my mouth about to shout. When his hand covered my mouth and he hissed "Don't tell anyone about this or I will gut you."

I gave him a thumbs up and said "That's my favorite line too." with a wink.

Hot guy's face visibly relaxed. I dug in my bag and pulled out Empire of Storms.

Because I was feeling a little evil and because he hadn't talked to me I whispered "Aelin and Rowan are mates."