Cookies

"Where are we going now?" Mal complained as the VKs followed Lonnie through the halls. "And what are we doing anyway?"

"For the hundredth time, you'll find out when we get there," Lonnie said.

"Calm down, Mal," Evie said. "If it's like the things we did before, it's going to be fun."

"I sure hope so," Carlos said. "I don't know how much longer I can wait."

"We're here," Lonnie said as she approached the door. She opened the door and let the VKs in.

"This is the kitchen," Jay said.

"Exactly," Lonnie replied. "We're here to make cookies."

"Cookies?" the VKs said in confusion.

Lonnie got ingredients and cooking utensils out onto the counter. "It's a tradition. We usually make a ton of sugar cookies and decorate them."

"This actually sounds fun," Mal said.

"Just, you know," Lonnie began. "These cookies do not call for a human tear, so we will not be making any kind of potions out of them."

"Oh, ha ha," Mal said sarcastically.

"So, what do we do first?" Jay asked.

"Poor the cookie mix into the bowl," Lonnie instructed.

"Cookie mix?" Carlos questioned. "I thought Auradon made cookies from scratch. That's what we did for Ben's love potion." Mal then jabbed Carlos in the stomach with her elbow.

"We're running a little behind on the cookie making. We don't have a lot of time to make them from scratch. Just don't tell Audrey," Lonnie said.

"Gotchya," Evie said as she poured the cookie mix into the bowl. "Now what."

"Well, it says we need two eggs, a cup and a half of water, and ¼ cup of vegetable oil." The VKs nodded and found everything they needed. Once they got it, they added it to the bowl. "Now, mix." Each of the VKs took turns mixing the batter until it was a doughy consistency.

"Now what?" Jay asked.

Lonnie picked up the bowl and poured the dough on the counter. Prior to pouring the dough, Lonnie had sprinkled some flour onto the counter, so the dough would not stick. "Now we roll out the dough," she said handing them a rolling pin. "Make sure you guys don't roll it out to thin." The VKs took turns rolling the dough until Lonnie gave the okay. "Now we can start cutting shapes."

"With what?"

"These," Lonnie said as she took out an array of cookie cutters. "There's different shapes you can make. You can make cookie people, christmas trees, snowflakes, stockings, snowmen, candy canes, and even Santa Clause!"

"What's Santa Clause?" asked Evie.

"Well, the story says that Santa keeps a list of all the children who have been nice during the year and all the kids who have been naughty during the year. He has elves who work all year making toys. On Christmas Eve, he flies around the whole world, with his sleigh and reindeer, giving gifts to all the nice children. He enters through the chimney and places the presents under the tree."

"W-What do the naughty kids get?" Mal asked.

"Typically, lumps of coal or nothing at all," Lonnie replied.

"W-Would we be on the naughty list?" Carlos asked.

Lonnie looked at the VKs knowing that they never got to experience many things because their childhood was filled with darkness. "I don't think so. You guys are good people."

The VKs let out a sigh of relief. Once they cut out enough cookies, they put them in the oven to bake. Once they were baked, they began decorating. Mal noticed Evie was decorating a cookie man. She noticed the cookie man had a green shirt, blue pants, and had glasses. "Why does your cookie look like Doug?" Mal asked.

"No it doesn't!" Evie retorted.

"Evie, you're blushing, and if it really wasn't him, you wouldn't be as defensive," Mal said. "You're creating Doug as a cookie."

"It's only fair. He's so sweet," Evie pouted, which made Mal chuckle. "You wanna tell me why your cookie likes Ben?"

Mal looked down at her cookie. She didn't realize she was creating Ben. "I guess we both have our boyfriends on our minds."

"I just don't know what to get Doug for Christmas," Evie said. "He always gets me amazing gifts, and I never know what to get him."

"You want me to use my spellbook like I do with all of Ben's gifts that I get him on Thursdays?" Mal whispered so the others wouldn't hear.

"No," Evie said. "And you've really got to stop using that book. What if Ben finds out? You know he's going to sooner or later."

"Eh, it's fine," Mal said. "Anyway, no matter what you get Doug, he's going to love it."

"How do you know?"

"Because it came from you."

Evie chuckled at Mal's response. "Thanks M."

"No problem E." The two continued to decorate cookies. Soon, Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Lonnie had a kitchen full of cookies and other treats.

"I think we're good to go," Lonnie said. She then glanced at the VKs who were staring at the cookies with wide eyes. "Fine, you each can have one cookie. ONE."