Chapter One: My First Day

As you can probably tell, IT'S MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Okay, let's back up. My name is Stella Brunner. I am a freshman at McGovern University (MGU). This is a school for students who have special talents that they want to refine and perfect. There are seven color-coded categories: STEM(green), LLH(Language Literature History)(blue), Music(purple), Art(including cooking)(yellow), Drama(red), Athletics(orange), and Other(gray). Each student chooses a main category and a secondary category.

It's been my lifelong dream to become a famous actress. So of course, I was SUPER excited when I received a letter from Headmistress Lauren McGovern (Headmistress for short) stating that I was enrolled! I also received a labeled map of the campus.

After an AMAZING plane ride (my parents are rich enough to buy me a first class ticket), I show up to school with my bulging suitcases. We're divided into newcomers and returners. The returners receive their schedules and dorm room keys and head off to their dorms, leaving us newcomers behind. Then, a tall woman with wavy blonde hair walks out with man with graying black hair (I'm a fanatic about hair). Everyone immediately knows who they are: the McGoverns, Headmaster and Headmistress of the school.

"Welcome, everyone. Everyone standing here is a Freshman here at the McGovern University. This is because you are all starting your first year at this school," Headmaster Daniel McGovern announces, "After this year, you will be tested and sorted into two tracks Juniors and Seniors. If you fail the test, well, we will have no choice but to ask you to find a different school. At the end of each year, Juniors will receive the same test to see if they can move on the Senior track. If you fail this test three times in a row as a Junior, again, we will have to ask you to leave. I know this sounds harsh, but this school is only for the best of the best. Prove yourself worthy of this title, and you will be allowed to stay and fulfill your lifelong dreams."

"Now, for uniforms," Headmistress adds, "We do not require a school uniform. However, during class, we ask that you wear a cape that represents your main category, as well as a brooch to represent your secondary category. These are provided. Please come to the office sometime today to be fitted. Remember to come to the correct one, although it shouldn't be too hard. Girls, my office is to the right, and so are the stairs to your dormitories. Boys, Headmaster's office is to the left, and so are your stairs. You can always refer to your map if you get lost. The campus is on Google Maps, but none of the buildings and rooms are labeled, so it would be rather hard to find your way around without the map. Now that's it for introductions. Everyone, get in a line to receive your schedule and dorm keys. Boys to the left, girls to the right."

~~~

After waiting for AGES in an incredibly LONG line, I finally receive my schedule and keys. Here's what my schedule says:

Stella Brunner, Drama & LLH
Dorm - West 254

A - Breakfast
1 - Literature and History (B-11)
2 - PE (Large Gymnasium)
3 - Science and Mathematics (A-11)
B - Lunch
4 - Drama (Theater)
5 - Drama (Theater)
6 - LLH (B-21)
7 - LLH (B-21)
C - Drama Club (Theater)

I don't have much trouble finding my dorm room. Since I was so far back in the line, I'm the last one to enter the room, and therefore, the last one to pick a bed. Inside the room, there's a bunk bed and a normal bed. Naturally, the other two girls picked the bunk bed, which is fine with me. That means that I have the entire space under the bed to store my belongings, instead of having to share with someone else. And trust me when I say that I have A LOT of stuff. I did mention that I brought bulging suitcases, right? Well, just two bulging suitcases, but still.

Thankfully, one of my roomies isn't in the room, probably using the restroom or something, so only one person is scrutinizing/gawking at the process of me unpacking everything and assembling my makeup station (yes, I have a travel-friendly, portable makeup station).

Finally, after a half-hour or so of unpacking, organizing, and assembling, during which the other girl, a redhead, had entered, I turn around to introduce myself.

"Hi. My name's Stella Brunner. My main's drama because my dream is to become an actress, but I also enjoy learning foreign languages, so my secondary's LLH. How about you?"

The brunette speaks up. Gosh, she has the most gorgeous green eyes in the world. Also, she has this cute spray of freckles across her nose that I just LOVE on her. Anyway, she introduces herself.

"I'm Julie Iverson. My main's Athletics, and my secondary's Drama. Do you mind if I see your schedule? I'll show you mine."

We trade schedules.

"Hey! I have Drama with you!" I notice.

"Yeah. I have Science and Mathematics with Rachel over there, and it looks like she has PE with you.

"Nice! Hi, Rachel"

"Hi," comes a quiet reply from the top bunk.

"She's shy."

"That's okay! You don't mind me doing my makeup in the dorm, do you?"

"Uh, I guess not."

"Great!"

~~~

After another hour or so, I finish perfecting my makeup, starting with the base, then adding some extra tones to give my face a more natural look, then blush, mascara, and lipstick. Finally presentable, I head to Headmistress's office.

There, Headmistress takes a few quick measurements, then hands me a short red cape embroidered with the comedy and tragedy masks, as well as a silver brooch shaped like a feather.

"Remember to keep the brooch pinned to the cape, but to remove the brooch when washing it" she reminds me.

I head back to my dorm to try on my cape and figure out which clothes go with the cape and which ones cause a serious color clash. I decide to change into clothes that go with the cape better but to wear clashing colors tomorrow just to shock everyone.

[Not part of the story]

Here are the brooches(in order)!

STEM: gear brooch

LLH: https://img0.etsystatic.com/166/0/11021897/il_570xN.1171605810_gknu.jpg

Music: https://www.etsy.com/listing/260349745/swarovski-crystal-treble-g-clef-love?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-jewelry-brooches_pins_and_clips&utm_custom1=2080330f-ec4f-4de3-9fe9-4cce70e68914&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrrOwvJea2AIVj1t-Ch0dSQCgEAQYAyABEgIOpfD_BwE

Art: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/0c/c9/94/0cc994048ec1cd1ff22d785993de7e97--crystal-rose-belle-epoque.jpg

Drama: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/44/26/6e/44266e6be58697727e59037d9c0f7041--tragedy-mask-jewellery-sale.jpg

Athletics: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/d1/32/59/d13259d09aa86cb00fae97df4f1f90fc--sport-tennis-tennis-racket.jpg

Other: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gSf3CvC-SSE/T-59GpvbgFI/AAAAAAAAIhI/1hhR-EoJhG8/s1600/_MapleLeaf.jpg

Here's the inspiration for the cape! (ignore the uniform and white lines)

http://www.lolitadressesshop.com/images/p2/2015/4248/LDMP00025_4.jpg