Mr. SANTA

You picked your phone up after it rang for the third time. It's a holiday and yet you had to wake up to go to work. You regretted not refusing your boss when he requested for overtime work on Christmas Eve. But how can you when you need money for your college tuition and to fill your stomach. Not that you are poor or anything.

In fact, you are very rich. Your parents are very successful business people but they are always away so you barely celebrated holidays together. The last time you remembered celebrating would be before you started high school. And also, you want to be independent so you decided to live alone.

The only support you decided to receive from your parents would be the house that you currently live in and it's huge despite telling them to keep it minimum. But they just can't help but be extra and you can't blame them. They love you too much.

For now, you didn't have a choice but to wake up really early in the morning and head to work.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

You arrived at the cafe where you work as a part time just to earn extra cash. You greeted your boss and went to the staff room to change. Once you finished wearing your apron, you stood at the counter and put on a wide smile to start greeting the customers.

Your smile was starting to drop and your legs were starting to ache. You had been working nonstop since customers just continue flowing in. Holidays are never a good idea to work, especially because there lesser staffs available.

Since it's Christmas Eve, your boss decided to give you an early leave since you had been here since morning. You were thankful that the person to take over your shift finally came.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

By the time you arrived home, it was already late at night. You quickly got yourself a warm bath which helped to relieve your fatigue.

You dried yourself and wore a white nightdress before heading down to get yourself a cup of coffee. Your phone rang and your lips broke into a smile. Your eyes lit up as you answered the call.

[Sweetie, how are you feeling?]

[I'm fine, mom. How are you and also dad?]

You heard some shuffling from the other end.

[We are fine, dear! What are you doing for holiday? What present do you want? It's Christmas! We want to buy you something.]

You chuckled at your father.

[It's fine, dad. You can get anything for me. I'll still love it. Anyways, do spend your holiday well though. And rest also!]

[Yes, ma'am!]

You bursted out laughing this time at your childish father. You could also hear your parents laughing and it definitely brightened up your day. You heard some shuffling again.

[You get some nice rest too. And we are really sorry we can't spend Christmas with you.]

You smiled upon hearing your mother's words. Your heart did ache but it brought a warm feeling.

[It's fine, mom. Don't worry about it. Merry Christmas, mom and dad.]

[Merry Christmas, dear! Early one this year again.]

Your parents exclaimed together and you giggled as you hang the phone up.

You had received some messages from your friends as well so you decided to reply them. All of them were having fun with their parents and you would be lying if you say you weren't jealous. But seeing them have fun made you happy too.