Chapter Six

When we finally got back to the camp site Nick went into our duffel bag An he pulled out a new sweater for me to wear, that I quickly changed into.

We piled in the truck and headed off to the football game after I finally calmed Nick down about taking me to the hospital to make sure I didn't have a concussion!

As soon as we hit the freeway, massive traffic, which was not what any of us were expecting. Paige of course was up front with Blake as Nick myself and Dalton were in the backseat. My head laid on Nicks lap as he massaged my head with my feet on Dalton's lap as he didn't mind. I dozed off couple times as Nick continued rubbing my head being careful of the deep cup on it, which I didn't want him to fuss over it again.

"Dude, it's over", Nick tells Blake

"It'll move", he says back. I moved a little to which Nick rubs my arm as I hear Paige tell Blake they weren't moving.

He looked back at her with annoyance," we'll make the second half!"

I grew frustrated with his constant whining about the traffic will move or that he's beeping his horn and yelling. I sat up
"God damn it, Blake. Turn the damn car around so help me god if I have to ring your neck to prove my point I will. Carly and Wade are probably already waiting for us", I yelled wincing holding my temple which shocked everyone but Nick pulled my into him rubbing my head softly

"What do you want me to do?"

Nick then tells him to turn back around. He sighed slamming his head on the steering wheel an muttered a 'whatever'

I felt my eyelids grow heavy so I leaned on Nicks lap and whispered for him to wake me up when we get there. He kissed me an muttered a 'okay babe' as I closed my eyes feeling the darkness take over.

~~

The small groups of teens went back at the camp site but stayed far away from the smell took place. Nick and Dalton were taking a leak near the edge of the forest. Emily was still asleep an hadn't woken up when Nick tried to wake her but Paige assured him that's she's just exhausted an pain can do that to you once you give in to it!

Paige was on the grass, looking through the cd book and Blake went up to the boys
"Oh god, dude, I had to pee so bad, man!", Dalton sighs in contempt. Nick pushed him to shut up
"Come on dude"? Dalton yelled as he pissed on himself

Blake came up besides the boys," Hey, you guys gonna have sex?" He taunted the boys
Dalton was appalled by the question,"What?"

"Because me and Paige are. So you guys go pick them up!" Blake told them

"Yeah and I'm sure as hell ain't leaving Emily here with you two pounding each other", Nick snapped at him, which came out a little more rough but she was his and being over protective

"Dude relax, I figured since she's already in the car she'd go with you. And with what happened earlier today.... I know your gonna wanna keep your eyes on her".

Nick nodded and followed Blake to where Paige was an Emily was peacefully out-cold in the backseat. Dalton followed next to Nick

"Hey baby", Blake shouted

"Yeah!"

"Nick then are gonna go get Carly an Wade", He says to her

"Why? We can go" She said

"Awww baby.. I'm tired of driving", Blake whined

Paige shrugged her shoulders and continued to look through the cd case

Nick went to grab the keys but Blake pulls away," why don't you let my man drive?" He three the keys at Dalton, who was surprised,"really?"

Dalton pointed to Nick," you heard him move", Dalton tried to demand Nick but hat didn't work. Nick grabbed him by the nipple through his shirt and squeezed," give me the damn keys", Nick said in a low voice. Dalton in pain says," okay, very slowly, thank you" Nick let go An walked to the driver seat but looked in the back to see Emily shiver a bit he frowned went in the bed of the truck and grabbed their blanket an tossed in on her making sure she was wrapped tight an warm.

His eyes softened as she sighed an had a soft smile on her face. He smiled and started the car up. Driving away from the camp site, looking back at Emily here An there, who was curled up against the backseat with their blanket wrapped securely around her.
He smiled as he continued driving thinking about her; as she was always on his mind!

# sorry it's a short chapter people but I promise to write more in the next one!
🙏thank you!