Chapter 2

Ringing.
On the other line I half expected my father to have an answering machine or voicemail message, instead I got one of those voice automated messages. 'Leave your message after the beep. Beep' I scowled and hung up, slamming the phone down on its charger and scaled around the house, outlining the windows and doors with salt and even loaded up the salt rounds in the sawed-off-shotgun. If something was coming, they weren't going to get in easy. Taking a deep breath I tucked the weapon under a blanket on the couch and peeked out the window. Across the road was Mrs.Elleen and her two kids Tyler and Jay, the two were playing in the yard pushing back and forth, Tyler shoved his sister to the ground. Jay started to yell and climbed up, chasing her brother across the yard.

It made me realize how lonely this house was, nothing ever happened here, I didn't have any friends. Well, not any friends that were alive. There was a couple of my father's friends but I wouldn't call them trustworthy. A friend is a trustworthy person, and I didn't trust those people. I yanked the curtain closed and spun on my feet.
Several minutes passed of dead silence, my phone rang, across the screen in bright letters was 'unknown number'. I pressed the 'end' button several times and sat the phone back down.

No, not this time.

Last time I picked up an unknown call was when I was four, it was a call for my dad, a man named John was on the other  end. He began talking before he even heard who was listening, talking about things no little child should be hearing.
About monsters, death and loss.
About my mother.
About demons.

After that I never picked up an unknown phone call. Even if I knew it was someone on the other end I knew. It wasn't happening.

Two more days passed of wandering around the house, the mail had came and it turns out my father did remember me. He sent me fifty dollars for food and whatever drinks I wanted. 'Whiskey,' was my first thought then brushed it off. I didn't need to be stone drunk. What if danger came? I used ten bucks to order some pizza and a small 20oz drink of Pepsi. Spending the next several hours watching Scooby-Doo and binge eating pizza.
Halfway through an episode of scooby-doo, a loud rumbling shook my chest, like I was at a Led Zeppelin concert. Or it sounded more like an engine of an old car.
Sliding the box off my lap I got up, wiping my hands on my jeans, two shadowy figures could be seen moving closer and closer to my front door. I thought quick and grabbed the knife beside the door, twisting the door handle and pulled the door open.

The two shadowy figures stopped, when my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the sun I lowered the knife. But my guard stayed up, something wasn't right. There were two younger men, one was taller and muscular. His hair long enough to cover his eyebrows and a little of his eyes. His eyes dark brown almost chocolate, the same with his hair. The jeans he wore were nice and the tan jacket was even nicer. The man beside him was shorter but walked with high pride, his hair a lot shorter than his buddy. And was a blondish brown color, his eyes a emerald color. The thing that stood out the most was the clothes, worn down jeans and a leather jacket. Was it even real leather?
The taller man cleared his throat, staying in the same position, "Is your name Ella?"

My jaw clenched, teeth grinding in discomfort. How the hell did he know my name? "What's it to you? Who the hell are you?"

"My Name is Sam Winchester. This is my brother Dean, I'm sure you've heard about us. We know your father. We believe you're in danger."

"No shit." I snorted staring at the men blankly, the world around me coming to a halt. Man did I just want to sit around and eat my pizza. Watch Scooby-Doo and just wait for my father to come home, that is if he ever wanted to come home in the first place.