Eye love you

Hey guys I'm back with some ideas. Hope you enjoy.

Summary: Carl feels insecure with his missing eye.

"Carl are you okay?" You ask, knocking on his door lightly.

"I'm fine." He said harshly. He snuck out to the Saviors and Negan removed his bandage. He's been in his room ever since he's returned.

"Please let me. I was worried about you." I said, hoping I could see his face again.

After a moment of silence the door was unlocked. I opened the door and he was already back in bed with his face buried in a pillow.

"Carl? Do you want to talk about what happened?" I asked him.

"I'm fine." Carl mumbled through the pillow.

"If you're fine then why don't you show me your face?" I asked, I sat on the bed beside him. My hand rested on his shoulder and rubbed lightly. I felt his body relax at my touch.

"He removed my bandage." Carl said quietly after a while. He needed his time and now he was ready to talk.

"I know." I said casually. He sat up and finally turned to face me. There it was, the missing eye and the whole in his head. I haven't seen it before. I made sure not to stare at it so I wouldn't make him hurt anymore than he already was. I smiled at him and tucked a strain of hair out of his face and wiped his eye. He had been noticeably been crying.

"Aren't you grossed out?" Carl asked, barely above a whisper. Negan had completely destroyed him emotionally today.

"Carl I'm always grossed out by you." I chuckled. He shoved my shoulder with a half smile.

"Seriously? Isn't like gross or something?" He asked me.

"Carl what happened to you isn't your fault." I placed my hand on his shoulder and moved closer to his face.

"Am I ugly now?" He asked, tears resurfacing.

"Carl. You are so handsome." I told him in complete honesty. My hand stroked his cheek and he stared into my eyes.

"It makes you look badass you know?" I told him, he smiled at me.

"You think I'm handsome?" He asked.

"Always." I told him, going back to being serious to show him I cared.

"Carl you're a great guy, inside and out. I love you." I said, I didn't mean to let the last part to come out, but it did.

"I love you too." Carl said, I smiled and he leaned in and kissed me. I felt my body melt at his touch.

"Thank you (y/n)" he whispered, our lips were inches apart.