Chapter 2~Regular shmegular day

"Yeah, yeah sounds good. Both of you go finish getting ready & grab your bags we leave in the next 15 minutes"' I said & turned around & pulled out their lunch boxes so they'd have something to eat during there lunch break. I began making pb&j sandwhich's & giving them both an apple & a caprisun.

"So... have you thought about what we talked about before I left" Tray said. I zipped up both lunch boxes while shaking my head. " Yes & my answer is still the same" I walked to the coat rack next to the front door checking my coat pocket to ensure I had my keys. Raising his tone but not to the point the girls could hear try followed right behind me & said "At some time point you have to do something for you. Since those girls moved in everything has revolved around them, you have a life & they are not your kids"

I stopped in my tracks & whipped around to face him. " Those kids you are talking about are my sisters & I won't leave them to go to a college 10hrs away." Running his hand across his face he looks me in my eyes in says " I'm sorry that came out wrong... I just... if you don't go neither will I... Your my support system & without you I don't think I'll make it."

I hear the girls coming down & plead with him with my eyes to drop the topic while they are around. "I'll drive come on twins" Tray said walking out the door giving me his this isn't over look. I hand each girl their lunch box as they walk out the door. I then check for my phone before walking out & locking up.

When we are all inside of his brand new orange Range Rover he got right before his trip we settle into a awkward silence. You could feel the tension buzzing through the air. Once we dropped off the girls at their separate studios. Tray asked what else I had planned for the day I told him I needed to meet with my best friend we both took a cosmetology class over the summer our exam was in 3 days. Tray began to drive me to the cafe when we finally pulled up I still had 20 minutes before she would arrive.

So Tray decided we should finish our conversation from earlier. "So what is your plan? I know you have one you always do." Tray said. " Me & my bestfriend both got our cosmetology license so that way I can do nails & she can do hair. We both saved enough to go half & buy a hair vendor. So we will sell bundles & lashes." We've been marketing like crazy which he already knows. "I know but I didn't think that's something you planned on making a career" said Tray looking outside the window. I grabbed his hand & he looked down at our intertwined hands & squeezed.

" You know I've always loved doing nails. I didn't want to tell you this because I know how you are I know you'd be quick to write a check. But her mom is letting us use the spare room. Since her sister went off to college. Today we're talking about how we want to go about everything.

We will be turning it into a nail/ hair room. Once we eventually save up enough we want to open up a nail & hair boutique downtown." Trays jaw dropped partially " We also want to expand it out an offer lashes & waxing. We have our eyes set on that two story building that used to be a club downtown. It's expensive but if we both save up together we should have enough by graduation. Which we will make all of our money back in about 4 weeks. Because downtown is so busy & in dire need for nail & hair saloons for African American women like myself."

Tray laughed at me & said " I'd love to help you even though I know you most likely won't allow me to. I can help with promotion & my sister can come down & post about it. Business will definitely pick up after that you know her social media following is insane." I smiled at him. "So does that mean you think it's a good idea." Tray smiled back at me " I think your both brilliant & if it will make you happy then I'm happy."