Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jamella

Taking a deep breath, I walked over the court to congratulate the Schmidt High School’s tennis representative. Even if I had won. If it wasn’t formal I’d shout something like “Booyah!” or “In your freaky little faces!” but I remembered that my family was eyeing on me. Better not make a move I’ll get grounded in.

“Nice work Ellie! That was awesome babe!” mocked an all too familiar voice. Chase freaking Jamison. I faced him and glowered. Just the sound of his voice agitated me. I let out low growl. I was about to put my hands around his neck and strangle him to death, but then I remembered, Mom and Dad was watching. I couldn’t screw this up. I’d be grounded for a week, a month even.

“Don’t call me that.,” I muttered under my breath. “Or I’ll send you flying far enough to reach North Korea.”

“You would miss me if I’m in North Korea,” He laughed. He showed his all too cocky smirk. “Wouldn’t you, love?’

I really want to strangle him. Unfortunately Mom and Dad are like chains restricting me to do whatever I really want. He cheekily smiled and winked. His famous ‘Jamison charms’.

 Bah! That wouldn’t work on me! You idiotic twat! I thought. I stared at him blankly and faked a yawn.

“No.,” I said flatly. I knew he didn’t like one-worded answers. He quirked an eyebrow and plainly stared at me. “And you’d eventually die there. I’d throw a victory party if that ever happens.” I added with a hint of mocking in my tone.

He pulled me against the crowd and into the locker room. “Come on love! Why do you treat me that way?” he said as he lightly shoved me against the wall and he put his hands on both sides near my head which left me trapped between the wall and him.

Oh for the love of God! You make my life a living hell. So I’ll treat you like that whenever I want.

“Oh really? Are you sure it’s because of that? I thought you love me?” He said sweetly. The sweet kind that may make you have diabetes. Then realization hit me: Did I really say that out loud? Oh God! Did I really do that? Oh boy! Oh no!

“Listen you moronic idiot! I have had a bad day since you came and I’m not going to ruin my victory because of you! So good day! Have a nice life Jamison!” I blurted out. I could have killed this twat if Mom and Dad weren’t watching me awhile ago.

“Isn’t moron and idiot the same?,” He asked.  “And I love you too Evans.” His smirk was now formed into a grimace. Making my head dizzy with anger.

“That’s why they’re called synonyms, genius!,” I retorted. “Have you even read a thesaurus? It’s good for the brain. Oh! I forgot you won’t have one once I kill you with a cricket bat!”

 “Oh C’mon love before he could finish his sentence I cut him.

“Hah! Love? Big word! You don’t even know what that means!” I hissed, my voice dripping with irritation.

He faced me with a serious face. His raven hair sticking up in every angle. His gray eyes with dilated irises covering his eyes like the night itself. His plush rose colored lips. His well-built body hidden underneath a black shirt and a grey hoodie. He’s a hot mess. A piping hot mess. Yes. I admit that his handsome, but that doesn’t mean I like him. Well, I don’t exactly hate him. I just simply abhor, despise, and loathe, whatever.

“Can you do me a small favor.,” He mumbled. “Just this once. Please Ellie?”

“Please? That’s a first.” I hissed.