3

Your POV (previously)

The boy was quit a good dancer, but out of all the questions we asked each other; I still didn't know his name, so I asked "it seems that you know my name, but I have yet to know yours."

"Oh, how rude of me, my name is..."

Your POV (now)

"Oh how rude of me, my name is Alexander Vavasseur." He bowed and let go of my hand in the process. A sly grin on his lips appeared when he looked up at me.

" Oh, so you're the Alexander Vavasseur I've head so much about."

He straitened up and replied to my slightly snide remark, "All good things, I hope." He said almost too sarcastically.

I grinned and replied with something a bit more sarcastic, "Perhaps, but who are they to judge" I giggled at the last part.

"Hmmm perhaps indeed, but-" a random yell interrupted him, causing both him and me to turn to the direction from which it came from.

"{your name}! Oohhh who is this?" My sister interjected with her eyebrows wiggling, causing me to mentally laugh.

"Your highness, my name is Alexander Vavasseur; first son of nine. First in line for my fathers throne." He sounded a bit posh but that was expected from a royal.

"You needn't be so formal around me."

"Thank you, your highness, but if you insist I shall call you by your first name...unless you would rather be called something else?"

"Alice is fine, but I am known as Ally to most of my friends."

"Oh, and you can call me {nickname}, if you wish" I felt obligated to do that, but it felt a little strange saying that to someone I had just met.

"Thank you, {nickname}" he had a warm smile on his face.

He was smiling for quite a while when another boy, that looked a lot like Alex (my nickname for him), put an arm around him and said, "oooohhhh I see you've found yourself a lady friend, or friends I should say." He sounded a lot like my sister which made me laugh in my head.

"That I did." Alex seamed a bit aggravated for a second, but quickly pushed it away with a small smirk.

"And who might this be~?" My sister, being the curious person she is, asked.

"This is-" He was cut off by the other boy before he could finish his statement.

"I, your majesty, am Lafayette Vavasseur; third in line for the our fathers throne."

"He's much like you, I'm afraid" I said the last part more sarcastically then I the rest of the statement.

"And what is that suppose to mean?" Alex said, quite teasingly I might add.

"Nothing." I said in an even more teasing manner.

"Alice, would you care to walk in that general area," he pointed to the other side of the room, "So we can leave these love birds alone?"

"Hmmm, sounds like a great idea Lafayette." My sister didn't show it, but in her mind I knew she was saying something along the lines of 'get some' which, of course, I roll my eyes at.

"It seams that they have gotten quite acquainted with each other while we were in the middle of our conversation. It almost makes me think that they should be the ones left alone."

"Yes, yes it does."

"Now, would you care to dance?" He extended his hand towards me as he said that 

"Oh, well tank you kind sir." I said in a very posh like tone while I took his hand.

When we started to dance; we had a small basic conversation about politics, and couldn't help but laugh at the way we talked.

Small time skip

When we finished dancing, we gave each other a small bow and made our own way through the ball.

I looked around and saw an empty balcony and made my way to it.

I opened the doors and breathed in the crisp air of the night while I was closing the door behind me. I stared at the night sky for a few minutes; thinking about all the things that could be in this vast universe we call home when a knock came from behind me and I saw yet another boy that seemed to be around my age. "Sorry I didn't know this spot was taken."

"No need to apologize; I just came here to escape the loud ballroom and think."

"Oh so you don't like parties?"he said attentively.

"Yes, to put it bluntly. I just don't like all the socializing that comes with parties." At this point, I had lost my focus on the night sky.

"I understand; I don't like parties either. They are too loud and filled with a bunch of fakes if you ask me." He made his way beside me as he spoke in a calm manner.

"You're quite right mister...?"

"Lantsov, Nicklaus Lantsov... and you are?"

"{last name},{last then first name}"

"Nice to meet you, your royal highness." He bowed as he said the last part.

"No need to be so formal Nicklaus."

"Pleas, call me Nick; everyone does."

"Ok Nick, and call me {nickname}."

We talked for a good hour or so when we finally said our goodbyes.

???'s POV

"How dare he talk so casually with MY {nickname}?!" I thought as I speed through the crowd, on my way to my designated room in the palace.

A/N sorry it took so long to update, I finished typing most of the story but just forgot to finish and upload it; due to all the things that's been going on. Meanwhile here is a glimpse of how my life is going so far (that is not a real picture of me, just something I found on Tumblr)

 Meanwhile here is a glimpse of  how my life is going so far (that is not a real picture of me, just something I found on Tumblr)