Human! Groot x Reader

*Groot is a teen like in the infinity wars trailer :)*
Guardians of the Galaxy| Just The Way You Are

So you were the little sister of the one and only Peter Quill, or Starlord. You were joining your brother and his group of guardians. You and Groot were the closest of all the guardians. You guys would play video games together, hangout, even battle side by side helping each other. You guys were even the same age.

"Groot? Where are you? I just wanted to play video games! We can even play your favorite... IF YOU COME OUT!!" You shouted and then bumped into someone. You fell back wards onto the ground.

"Sorry. Whoever that is." You rubbed your head.

"I am Groot(it's okay)." You look up and see a boy your age with brown hair ruffled up and messy. He had green eyes and a slight tan-ish skin. You stared at the tall boy until you realized it was Groot. He smiled a warm smile and helped you up.

"How did-why- you..."

"I am Groot, I am Groot. I am Groot.(Rocket helped me. He made some sort of thing...I don't know.)" he smiled sheepishly. You took a step closer to him and put a hand on his cheek.

"I am Groot?(do you like it?)" he questioned.

"I-It's nice, I guess..." you examined his features and played a bit with his hair while my arms rested on his shoulders.

"Why'd you change?" You look up at him. His smile faded as he looked down.

"I am Groot.... I am Groot ( I thought you would like me better if I was Terran like you...if I didn't look like a freak)." He looked back up at you with watery eyes, tears threatening to go down his cheeks.

"Groot... I love you just the way you are. You don't have to be like me. No matter what species you are..or what you look like, I'll always love you for you."

"I a-am Groot?(you l-love me?)" a faint color of red was on Groot's cheeks. You nodded and went on your toes. You gently pressed your lips on his and pulled away.

"Now, go and get Rocket to fix you to your old self, then we can play video games." You smiled. Groot smiled and nodded and ran off. Then you heard a yell in the distance.

"I AM GROOT!!(SHE SAID SHE LOVED ME!)"