06

Months passed then it turned to years...

Prince Shi is already a grown man. If there's a lot who wanted him when he was still a young, now most practically desire him. However as usual, he never paid attention to anyone. This worried his family. Rumors were also starting to circulate about him. The ice king didn't like this. So, he made a decision, announcing to the whole realm about his youngest son engagement to the mermaid princess, Lan Shang.

"Father!" Shi stated in protest, standing up. They were all currently having dinner with the other tribe leaders when the announcement was made.

Lan Shang was also staring at the king in surprise.

"Shi sit down. I already made my decision." The king stated firmly.

The prince gritted his teeth. "No. I refuse. You can't force me to marry someone that I don't even like." He stated before storming out of there. The king looked at him in anger and embarrassment.

"Father, calm down. I'll talk to him," Ka Suo said, following his brother.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Ka Suo found him under the cherry blossom trees, throwing some snowballs on a rock. He smirked. His younger brother was predictable. He always does this when he's upset.

"Shi," he called out.

"If you're thinking about convincing me to reconsider then leave," Shi replied not looking at him.

"Why not? Princess Lan Shang is very beautiful and she's a good person."

"And has deep affections for you," Shi continued. "Ge, we both know that it won't work out between us. She's not right for me. Instead of me why don't you take her as your second wife. You and Li Luo jie adore her anyway."

Ka Suo was about to deny it when Shi gave him a stern look. "I accidentally saw the three of you. Don't even lie."

The older prince sighed. "What are you planning to do then? People are already talking that there's something wrong with you. You don't even have a lover."

Shi snorted. "Let them talk. It's not like I care about what they think. I don't want a lover."

Ka Suo looked at him in worry. Shi smiled. "Ge, maybe the one for me isn't born yet. Besides were immortals, can't I enjoy years of being a bachelor?"

Ka Suo gave in, sighing. "As long as your happy, I don't mind but you know that father would insist on this marriage right?"

"I will keep on rejecting it then."

Meanwhile in the fire tribe...

Huo Yi watched his daughter in worry. She's training again as she always does. He sighed. He tried marrying her off but she stubbornly rejected the ones he chose for her.

"Shuo Gang," he called out.

"Yes, father. Are you done preparing?"

"Yes. Bring Yan Da with you. It's been years since she went out of our tribe."

"Are you sure father? We're not sure yet if the Ice tribe will accept the treaty."

Huo Yi decided to make peace with the other tribes already. The feud between them wasn't going anywhere anyway. Besides it's his tribe that's in a disadvantage.

"They won't harm you though. Go and tell her it's an order."

Shuo Gang complied. He was also worried about his sister too who hadn't been the same since she returned to their tribe years ago.