Chapter VIII: Together As One

The mint-haired man that had left me long ago, was in front of me, and he seemed completely casual. He didn't even have a visible bruise. That was truly a... surprise to say the least... and I was absolutely disgusted by that.

"I'LL PROTECT YOU?! YEAH THANKS A LOT FOR THE HELP EPHRAIM, I LITERALLY HAVE TO KNOCK SENSE IN INNES'S FREILIAN HEAD, AND TAKE CARE OF TWO 'GENERALS' AND A TSUNDERE SISTER!!! COULD HAVE APPRECIATED YOUR HELP A BIT, JUST A BIT SOONER! OR YOU COULD HAVE JUST NEVER GONE AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!"

*phew*

"I- terribly sorry... my emotions to get wild after a little while. But I have them in check currently. Don't worry."

I flash a causal smile, to try and ensure them that I was sound. But most of them expect Ephraim was busy comprehending the situation at hand. General Ephraim causally bows and apologizes,

"Terribly sorry milady. I will try to stay at your side from now on."

Both General Ephraim, and I have decided that traveling to Renais, to alert the kingdom that the princess and Top General was safe, since everyone else was busy... reflecting... on what had just happened. Eventually we reach Renais and thankfully Erika finally gained her senses, and had a proper greeting for her brother.

...For Heaven's Sake...

Lyon better have an excuse for this war, or I'm gonna tell Erika his secret that he told me. But Lyon... you're better than that. You're not blood hungry like Ephraim... hopefully. Now that I think of it, Erika and Ephraim never met Lyon huh? It was funny to see his reaction after merely describing those two.

~Gotta get back, back to the past,~

"Uhm... Anise?"

The blond princess turned around, revealing the timid prince of Grado.

"Ah! Lyon! There you are!"

"Y-You wanted to talk to me?"

The female nodded her head quickly,before dragging Lyon to his room.

"I wanted to talk to you about my personal knights' children!"

" They have two children... One's a female, called Erika, and the second one's a male, he's called Ephraim. Erika's really nice, there's this one time, while me and Ephraim were outside, it started to rain. We didn't want to get wet, so Ephraim and I took cover near a cave. Then Erika came out and she brought us fresh balls of soup! Can you belive it?! In the rain too! Erika's a really nice person, and you can count on her to take care of you! I really hope you can meet her one day Lyon! You guys could be great friends!"

The male stared at the sheet of his bed, and traced circles along them.

"She sounds... really nice..."

"And the other one, Ephraim, not as much. He's pretty much the opposite of you. Battle-Hungry, and a lance user! To tell the truth, he still has a solid heart in the end, so like Erika, you can count on him to protect you. But, he does it more roughly, just because of his nature. Still, he is a good guy at heart. I really hope you get to meet them at one point Lyon! I hope you're father lets you come to Castle Renais soon!"

The Prince of Grado looked up. His expression turned into a soft smile, and he replied,

"Yeah... I hope so too..."

~End of flashback~

" Anise?"

The blond princess of Renais snapped back to reality, as she sees in front of her, the two people she mentioned to her childhood friend, Lyon, and the entrance to castle Renais.

Erika's smile softened as she saw the princess awake, and reached out her hand. 

"We're back home... together..."

HAHAHA... DON'T TRY AND STOP ME NOW, I STILL HAVE A BAJILLION TRASH PLANNED FOR YOU THIS NEW YEAR OF 2018!!! MUAHAHAHA, AND IT'S USELESS TO STOP ME!!!! MUDA, MUDA, MUDA, MUDA, MUDA! Though some of the projects I plan, involve collaborations with other writers! You may not know them, since like me, they are pretty small accounts... and by that, they still didn't even post a book yet. Though they are pretty big writers on websites like Quotev and that. But just... LOOK FORWARD TO THEIR ART, AND CRINGE AT MY TRASH.