Not the Hospital

"So, if you're not going to the hospital," Jacob began, walking alongside The Itch in their apartment complex hallway. One that it had sworn it had seen, but regarded it as a distant memory. "I'm not leaving you alone."

The Itch gave the boy an incredulous look. "We have school tomorrow!" he cried out. "What if you can't get all the glass out?"

"Then..." it began, but could not find a solid response. I mean, it was a possibility.

"So, I'll do it!" he exclaimed.

"Do what?" it queried.

"Uh, get the glass out of your hair," he said. "You already agreed to hang out with me for the Unsolved Rituals movie marathon."

"No, I didn't!" it replied.

As they arrived at his apartment door he pulled out his phone and showed it multiple texts between Jacob and Gina. Ones that gave it a little insight to what Gina was like towards Jacob.

"See? I didn't even point out the second typo! Come on, Gina! Didn't you read our agreement? You love me!" he said, drawing out the word "me" and clinging to it's shoulder

"Wow, you're desperate," it sighed. "Okay, fine. I guess."

"Whoop!" he cheered.

He unlocked the door of his apartment and a big old Great Pyrenees trotted forward, wagging his tail enthusiastically. "Hi, Caesar!"

As the two entered the apartment, Jacob called, "I'm home, parental unit!" and a small husky-looking dog bolted off the couch and barked at The Itch.

"Okay, Jake!" you heard a man call from another room.

"Make sure you're decent! Gina's here!" he shouted again.

"Oh, okay!" the man replied.

"Come on," Jacob began, beckoning to the couch. "Let's set up the movie and then when my wretched father  is out of the bathroom, we can check for any more glass in your hair."

The Itch and Jacob plopped down and the small dog followed, barking up a storm. "Julius, shut up!" Jacob groaned. The dog replied with hopping off the arm of the couch and going to lay on a small dog bed.

By some force of nature, The Itch leaned over and started cleaning up the coffee table. Then came somebody's voice, "Gina, come on..."

There was a grizzly balding man wearing sweatpants and a stained tank top standing behind the couch and staring at her with a crooked smile. "Dad, come on..." Jacob growled.

"What? Gina shouldn't feel like she has to clean up here. Her presence is enough to make the room lovely," the man, Jacob's dad, said.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Gina can do what she wants," he replied. "She's a completely valid individual. We're going to get glass out of her hair. Don't change the channel, please." He then sprung up from the couch and lightly grabbed Gina's hand.