Meant Just For You

credit: Beamingswift on Tumblr

Hope you all enjoy.
________________________

Joe wakes to the cold air hitting his body. He pulls the comforter a little tighter around his frame and rolls over to the other side of the bed to cuddle up to his girlfriend. He reaches out his hand to search the mattress for her warm body, only to find that she's not there. He sleepily lifts his head from his pillow and slowly opens his eyes. He finds that on her side of the bed the comforter is pulled back and that only the profile of her body is printed into the mattress.

Joe flicks on the nightlight on his nightstand and squints his eyes because the bright light is shining into his narrowed pupils. He reads the time off of the alarm clock, 3:49 am. He groans softly, debating whether to go look for Taylor or to just try to go back to sleep again. He decides on the first, reasoning that he probably won't be able to sleep without his Taylor next to him.

He pushes the comforter off of him, exposing his body to the chill air. He shivers as he steps out of the bed, his feet hitting the cold wooden floor. Since he's only wearing boxershorts, he heads over to the closet and shrugs on a plain sweater and some joggers to warm up his body a bit.

All covered, he walks out of the bedroom, to the hall. Taking the stairs, he goes downstairs, stepping into the living room. All the lights are off and there is no sign that Taylor is, or has been, here. He wanders further to the kitchen, thinking that maybe she just wanted a late night snack.

Unfortunately, he can't find his girlfriend there either. He saunters through the house. They're staying at her New York flat, which is pretty big. He mentally scowls Taylor a bit for suddenly disappearing, since all he wants to do at the moment is sleep.

After having had most of the rooms of the big mansion, he suddenly thinks of the one place he hasn't been yet. Scolding at himself for not coming up with this earlier, he wanders to her little music studio. And indeed, when he comes closer he hears some soft piano music coming out of the little room. The door is slightly open and a ray of light shines through the small crack.

Joe pushes the door a little farther open and glances inside the room. Taylor is sitting behind the piano, her hands playing some abstract notes on the black and white keys. From time to time she hums something or mumbles some words, which she quickly writes down afterward.

He leans against the doorpost, intrigued by her actions. Now and then he's able to catch some words, but the phrases she occasionally mutters to the melody she's playing on the piano are pretty much inaudible. He's never seen her songwriting like this before. Sure, he's been in her studio while she was working on some tracks, but that was usually just the music, with the lyrics already done. He has never witnessed her writing the lyrics to the song. She's always felt that to be a little too personal.

Then he suddenly feels something move against his leg. He gasps a little, being startled by the sudden touch. Taylor abruptly stops playing and turns around. Joe looks down and notices Olivia nuzzling against his leg.
"For how long have you been standing there?" Taylor questions. She looks a little alarmed.

"Just got here," Joe smiles lightly,

"What are you working on?"

"Oh, nothing, just some rough drafts."

She quickly closes the notebook she was scribbling in just a few moments ago. "I got some inspiration while laying in bed. I just had to get some things out of my head."

He walks towards her, lifts her up from the piano bench, sits down himself and places her on his lap. He wraps his arms around her body and hugs her tightly, while she nestles her face in his neck.

"What got you inspired?" Joe wonders out loud and Taylor lifts her head up to look at him. He smiles at her and places a light kiss on her forehead.
"You," She simply states, "as always."
He frowns a little, "I didn't know that I was so inspirational when I'm sleeping."

She chuckles softly. "Babe, no matter what you do, there's always something about you that inspires me."
Taylor buries her face in his chest again. She inhales the scent of his shirt, that smells like a mix of cologne, his own body odor and a little bit of her own perfume. In the meantime, Joe powders her head with light kisses, each one landing on a different place of her scalp. Her mouth curls into a shy smile.

Then he just places his chin on the top of her head. She closes her eyes, enjoying the warmth of his body against her own.

They sit like that in silence for a while, until Joe decides to speak up.
"Do you want to go back to bed, baby?"
Taylor hums softly in agreement. She had almost fallen asleep within the comfort of his arms.

"Do you think you can walk or should I lift you up myself?" He questions after she doesn't show any intention of moving.
"I can walk, I just don't want to get up yet." She mumbles into his shirt.
He laughs softly, his chest rumbling. She lifts her face to look at him. Her face creeps into a smile when her gaze is met with his.

Then he gently grabs her chin and lifts it up. He tenderly places his lips against hers. Taylor lets out a peaceful sigh and parts her lips slightly. She gladly reciprocates the kiss almost immediately. Their lips move perfectly together in sync. He moves his hand from her chin to her cheeks and cups it lovingly with his palm. As she slowly breaks away from the kiss, she rests her forehead against his. He uses his free hand to put a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

"I love you." He murmurs softly yet sincerely.

"I love you too." She beams at him before climbing off his lap and standing onto her own feet. She grabs his hand to imply that he has to get up as well.
As he does her grabs his phone that was lying on top of the piano. Then he turns around and hurries towards Taylor, who already started walking towards the stairs. When he reaches her, he grabs her by her waist and knees and picks her up with ease. She shrieks as her feet leave the ground. He carries her upstairs bridal style. She rolls her eyes at the smirk appearing on his face but gives him a quick peck on the lips anyway.

When they reach the bedroom, Joe lays her down onto the soft mattress.
Taylor pulls off one of Joe's oversized hoodies that she had used to keep her warm when going downstairs and kicks the fluffy slippers off her feet. After that she grabs one of his shirts to wear to bed. Meanwhile, Joe strips down of the clothes he had previously put on when he went to look for her. Left in only his boxers he climbs into bed next to her. Taylor pulls the comforter over their bodies and cuddles up to his warm body. He wraps his arms tightly around her small frame and she places her head on his chest.

Delicately stroking her hair with his fingers, he watches her drift off to sleep. Then he kisses her head one more time before falling asleep himself.

_______________________
end.

————-
Please leave a vote and comment down your opinion about this one.

Thank you, thanks for reading.