❝café au lait❞ » yjs.

author's note — these imagines are getting shorter and shorter;; but anyway have this little imagine! also thank you for 1.4k reads ♡ if you happen to have any requests do feel free to comment it down! i don't know if i'll write it for sure but i'll try my best heh

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

"Take a break, will you? Hang out with me for a little while."

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

The smell of fragrant coffee wafted through the air, making you crave for some good coffee.

You sat somewhere in the corner of the café where your boyfriend, Yoon Jisung, worked. The café belonged to a relative of his, and this relative practically handed over the shop to Jisung to handle, so technically he could be counted as the owner, you supposed.

You sighed dejectedly, rubbing your temples in an attempt to make your headache go away. Suddenly, someone placed a cup of coffee on your table, along with a slice of strawberry shortcake, your absolute favorite. You looked up, your eyes meeting your boyfriend's, who seemed very worried.

"(y/n)... I know university exams are around the corner, but take a break, will you? Spend some time with your lonely boyfriend here," he pouted, holding the tray close to him and sitting down right opposite you.

You scanned your surroundings and noticed that there weren't many customers in the shop. It was probably fine for Jisung to shift his attention elsewhere temporarily, then.

"I want to, but... I'm so worried about my grades," you sighed again, digging your fork into the shortcake to cut out a small piece. You put the piece of cake into your mouth, the sweetness of the cake simply bursting in your mouth. Gosh, what ingredients did Jisung use to make such good desserts? This was one reason why you loved coming to his café; he made the best desserts.

"Don't be too stressed about it. If you have any worries, I'm here for you, alright? Although I might not be of much help when it comes to studies," Jisung laughed, reaching out to pat your head. You smiled, thankful for how Jisung was always there for you.

"Actually, tell you what," Jisung stood up, "since there aren't many customers today, why don't we go out and take a breather? I'll leave the shop to the helper and ask him to close early today."

You gave him a concerned look. "Will that be okay? I feel bad."

Jisung shook his head and smiled warmly at you. "No, it's alright. I haven't gone on a date with you for a long time too," he grinned cheekily.

Your cheeks flushed red immediately. "Ah, date... Right."

In all honesty, you and Jisung haven't been doing much couple-like stuff ever since the two of you got together. So perhaps, today... would be a good chance.

"Aigooo, so cute," Jisung laughed, pinching your cheeks playfully. You frowned and swatted his hands away playfully.

"Anyway, wait for me, alright? Give me ten minutes, I'll be out quick," Jisung said, heading over to the counter to inform the store helper.

As you waited for him, you quickly finished your coffee and cake, pushing the cup and plate to the side.

The smell of fragrant coffee wafted through the air, making you sigh happily.

It reminded you of Jisung.

And you liked it.

- 끝 -