four

People swayed to the music and drank, enjoying the party. I, on the other hand, was already holding back from murdering someone. I had been passed from prince to prince in the last hour, and now my head was exploding. They wanted to talk and brag about what they had, not even once asking me if I wanted to be there.

I had learned a lot of things while listening to them, that's for sure.

Prince Jimin was the narcissist. He loved himself so much that his favorite topic to talk about was, well, him. How great he was with a sword, how good his hair looked in black, how his clothes were made of the finest cloth in the land. Conceited wasn't even a nickname to him.

Prince Taehyung was just weird. He was a nice guy, but the words that left his mouth didn't really make a lot of sense. Something about aliens and teleporting. It actually seemed like he was describing a sci-fi movie or something.

Prince Namjoon was ... what was the best way to put it? Clumsy. He was relatively easy to talk to, but I guess that in the spam of ten minutes he broke three glasses, bumped into some people and managed to turn abruptly, making the poor waiter that was passing by trip and fall to the floor with all the champagne he was carrying. That's when I fled him.

Prince Yoongi was by far the most pleasant one. He didn't talk much, and I kind of think that is because he doesn't really care about any of this. But then again, it was better to be in a comfortable silence than to have it filled with nonsense.

I was currently talking to some people, pretending to be extremely busy with them. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jimin and Namjoon trying to reach me, one at each side of the room.

Excusing myself from the conversation, I started walking to the opposite direction, pretending I hadn't seen them. A quick look behind me showed that Namjoon had bumped into an old lady who was now chastising him, but Jimin was still coming towards me.

Heading through the door, I didn't stop. I can't talk to him again. If I have to listen about his amazing self again, I think I might punch him. So you see, this was the future queen avoiding unnecessary conflict. My father should be proud.

Once I noticed, I was already outside. Not stopping to check if he was still following me, I kept walking. The door to the stables was open, a faint light shining from within. As quickly as I could with that dress and shoes, I made my way in there, hiding behind the wall and peaking outside.

Jimin got to the castle door and was met with the dark night. He looked from side to side but didn't seem to find me. Shaking his head he turned around, heading back inside. Leaning against the wall and closing my eyes, I sighed aloud in relief.

- Princess Soojin?

I looked up to see Jungkook looking at me, probably trying to understand why the princess was at the stables at that time of night, obviously hiding from someone, especially when there was a ball happening inside. He wore something similar to the other day we talked, except now his jeans and t-shirt were all black.

- Hi, Jungkook. - I said and he bowed slightly.

- Do you need something, my lady? - he asked, all polite.

- No, I'm just hiding from someone. - I confessed, chuckling a bit. - And it's Soo, don't forget again.

He seemed amused, but nodded in agreement. Walking closer to me, he crossed his arms and leaned his shoulder on the wall beside me.

- Who are you hiding from?

- My suitors.