Imagine #10

{Arizona Robbins- Its a start}

        You run through the doors of the hospital avoiding as many people as possible. Today you get to make you final choice as to what specialty you will do your fellowship with. It's a life changing decision!

"Jackson!!" You scream at your best friend and jump onto his back. Without hesitation he grabs onto your legs to balance you on his back.

"(Y/n)! Are you excited?"

"Did you seriously ask me that?? Of all people?" You both just laugh and you push through the crowd to your locker.

"So have you thought anymore about what I said?"

"Look Jacks as much as I love you and Mark, plastics isn't my thing."

"So... What are you choosing then?"

"Peds." You say with confidence.

"With the womanizer, Karev?"

"Are you jealous?"

"No. Just, do you like Karev?"

"No Jack. I pinky promise." You weren't lying either, Alex definitely wasn't your type. Truth is you were gonna go into plastics but after you were on Dr. Robbins service you were undoubtedly intrigued.

~~~~
Five years later.

"So, Alex completely acted stupid and stole my surgery."

"Are you mad cause he stole the surgery or because he got to work with Arizona?" You blush a deep crimson color. You had came out to Jackson after he found you crying because of the plane crash.

"Both?" Jackson glared at you.

"Shut up." You mumble under your breath. Jackson laughs at you as you walk back to the peds ward.

You check up on a few post-ops patients and see Alex and Arizona walk out of the room were your recently stolen patient resided.

"Is she okay?"

"She will be the surgery went exactly as plan. And we will set her therapy up within the next two weeks." I nod. Arizona walks to finish some paper work, once she's out of sight I punch Alex in the shoulder.

"What the hell?" You glare at him.

"Look until you admit to her that you like her to me I might just have to continue stealing surgeries."

"Alex come on. You already know."

"Yes, but you've never specifically said to me 'I like Arizona.' So I can't be so sure."

"Fine. I like Arizona. But Alex she's with Callie."

"You can still talk to her. They've been having troubles. She might honestly like the thought of having someone to be able to talk to after everything."

"Thanks Alex." You smile and give him a side hug. He hugs you back and you go off to see if she could use some help.

You look around until you hear a noise in the on call room. You open up the door and see Arizona and Leah Murphy.

"Um sorry." You hurry up and close the door.

With wide eyes you quickly go back to where Alex is standing.

"The next surgery is mine." You note as you walk away heading to the supply room.

Arizona walks in shortly after and closes the door.

"Dont worry. I'm not gonna say anything." I smile at her.

"Thanks."

"Look Arizona. If you ever need anyone to talk to about anything, I'm always free to talk to. I've learnt that sometimes that's all you truly need is a friend." She smiles and hugs me.

"Thank you so much (y/n). I know I can always count on you."

It may not be a relationship but it's a start.

I'm not completely sure if the time line of things are correct but I think it works.