Scary Movies Make Everything Better

-Nat's P.O.V-

Petar, Heather and I take the transparent glass elevator up to the second floor.

As soon as we entered I was amazed. It was beautiful.

There was a gray-ish silver L-shaped couch in the middle of the room. It had a glass coffee table in front of it and a huge flat screen on the wall.

Petar looked uncomfortable. Heather took that as her cue to leave.

"What now?" I ask.

"I think I embarrassed myself in front of Dea when we got here."

No fucking shit.

"How did you embarrass yourself?" I ask pretending I don't know.

"I blatantly stared at her for a couple minutes without blinking. Then she saw me staring and looked at me like I was insane." He says staring at the ground.

"Oh, well what did you expect? You can't just stare at her and think that she'll think you're normal?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, I didn't really like the girls in our district. They're all way too happy for me, so I just stayed away from them throughout my childhood." He says still staring at the ground.

Lord Jesus, that's sad.

"Try and talk to her or at least make conversation before you decide to stare at her senselessly." I say like its the most obvious thing in the world.

Petar nods and walks out of the room.

I lay back on the couch.

-Dea's P.O.V-

Domenic and I sit on the couch watching television.

"Did you see the way that kid was staring at you before the chariot rides? It's like he's never seen a girl before." Domenic says sarcastically.

"Yeah I saw him. He was pretty creepy." I say.

"Do we have a show-mance in the making?" He asks mockingly.

"Fuck you. Maybe a show-mance is forming for you..." I say just as mockingly.

"Oh really? With who?" He ask sarcastically.

"That girl from District 11. Victoria. I saw you checking her out, don't even try to lie." I say knowing it's true.

Domenic turns a light shade of crimson.

"Ha ha ha ha ha, you mad or nah?" I say triumphantly.

I can't wait for this to be over. I don't know if I even have the power to win, let alone survive the blood bath.

Then our mentor walked in with her long sandy blond hair with the tips dyed blue and purple.

"Hey, Jade." I say.

"Hi guys." She says seriously.

"Why so serious?" Domenic asks.

"We need to talk about your strengths and what skills you need to utilize in the arena." She says.

"I'm good with an ax. My parents always made me chop wood for fires so, I'm pretty accurate with swinging and throwing them." I say remembering all those years of manual labor.

"Throwing?" Jade looks at me confused.

"Yeah. I hate my parents. I'd throw axes at skinny trees pretending they were my parents." I say looking back on the good times where I would take all my anger out on trees.