Chapter 1: Scarlet Rush

Akihito's POV...

Those colorful sequence of days flows by gently in the soaring horizons above. The colors of red to violet, the rainbow goes far beyond, reflecting the seasons of colors in a glow of welcome in its wake.

The tint of the bluish sky as I looked up at the opened window, felt so vast yet so distant. Birds fluttering down the city with its wings open, its either black nor white when I look as it flew.

Calm as it look even to make me think that everything is okay, but darkness is always at our heels. Following behind, ready to drag us down at any moments.

Beyond the edge, what awaits us in the end of the rainbow? We'll never know for sure. But I wouldn't matter..

"Sempai?" Because she's here.

The locks of her peach hair, citrine gold eyes and red glasses, right on the bridges of her small nose.

The bespectacled beauty, I once lost, Mirai Kuriyama.

"Is there something troubling you?" her eyes glimmer towards mine. Eyes showing worry.

I was uneasy but I forced myself to smile either way.

"Mmm" I shook my head, indicating a no in my actions. Assuring to her that I was okay.

"Hmm" she hummed, "okay.."

I smiled to this.

I've never thought I'd seen the day, to see Kuriyama calmly watering her bonsai's again and for that, this is enough to make me happy already.

However, even to such a calming day, there's been an unidentified number of deaths lately.

In the news, the majority voted on supernatural urban legends or some crazy serial murderers were behind this. But in our case, according to Hiroomi, he stated that another treacherous Youmu had enters the stage to have cause the massacre.

I sighed.

I turn to look at the Nase siblings, reading silently, however that's only Mitsuki. As for Hiroomi though, he's talking on the phone.

Looking at how frustrated Hiroomi's face was, I can deduct that it's about the previous case we had last month and even to this day, I still felt uneasy about it.

Those horrible and painful memories.

In the wake of the disappearance of Izumi Nase, Hiroomi and Mitsuki's older sister, everything was turned against us as we met Miroku Fujima once again.

And if that wasn't enough, Kuriyama has, not only suffered memory loss but was also turned into one as a possessed enemy. We tried our hardest to pass that situation and fought nonetheless despite the worst disadvantages.

I closed my eyes at the memory, as if I can see it, clear as day.

Black hair. Bloodshot eyes.

I fought Kuriyama and as the others dealt with the rest.

I wouldn't be lying when fighting with Kuriyama was intense that it sends shivers down my spine. Thinking about it, she was not in her right mind that time.

I thought I might lose her.

But hope was at our side, and in its final climax, we defeated Miroku Fujima at his own game.

After regenerating my stabbed wounds in all uncomfortable places, the madness had ceased its activity and everything was in its normal days.

But...

In a partial conclusion, Izumi-san along with Miroku Fujima are still missing to this day.

Izumi-san vanish once more after being hospitalized and without a single evidence of Miroku's video, we can't be sure whether he's really dead or alive.