Jade

Chapter 5

Jade

Stupid, sad, yucky, weak and worst of all homeless. But I guess it's true what they say. I am sad, weak, dirty and homeless. It's ok though. It's better off for everybody.

I destroy whatever I touch. I am literally half alive. My heart beats about 10 times a minute if I'm pumped. I was born with it.

My mother died when she had me, and my father abandoned me when I was seven.

I learned to fight the hard way, and I learned to beg to feed me. Everyone knows me yet they don't even know my name. Some are too scared to ask some just don't care.

The schools felt bad for me and didn't want me scaring anymore people so they put me in schools to educate me enough to get a job and get a life.

I was the shy one. The smartest yet most clueless one. People bullied me, but I handled it. No one figured out why little Timmy died that Saturday when the day before he pushed me off the marry-go-round.

My spit is poison, I know how to kill people with my bare hands...I don't know why though...I guess it just comes to me.

So this morning in the street ally I call home when I woke up I found a uniform I put it on and got on my old skate board and headed to the boarding school.

I bringing my skate board as my one thing as it said on the slip. It's just a plain colored skate board with black wheels.

When I get there I was so lucky that guy was still there. The guy standing looks like he's seen a ghost. Probably has.

"Name?" the register asks. "Jade Nolsman" the other guy walks away. "Room 1736, 17th floor" he hands me a key and I ride the skate board to the elevator.

There is little to no stops. So I get there in less than a minute. I turn right and head to the door that says 1736. I open the door to find a girl with slick brown hair and green-almost yellow- eyes. She is holding a slip of paper.

"Sorry. You took so long I opened it" she says in the most fake voice ever. She points to the black box. "No problem" I say in the sweetest voice. My father told me "It's better to catch flies with honey than vinegar".

"What's it say?" I ask. "It says 'you can have one thing besides the uniforms. A colored hooded jacket.' Then it says 'pick you're color and which side of the dorm you are on.'"

"What color did you pick?" I ask. "Pink" she says glaring at me. She makes a check with the pen and hands me the slip.

The choices are endless they have scarlet, red, orange, yellow, gold, neon-green, forest green, turquoise, baby-blue, deep blue, light purple, midnight purple- check-, pink, black, white, silver, and gray.

"What did you pick?" she snarls. "Midnight purple" I reply widening my eyes so she can see the sickly color of purple.

"What's your name?" I ask. "Caitlin"