Chapter 12 - The Legion / Mammon

A small hunched figure moved slowly and wordlessly in the dark. It had started to get used to this way of moving, although it had taken a while. It was different to how it usually moved. It wasn't sure it was keen on it though. But having a physical body certainly was a new experience. After it had gotten used to it.

When it came to a large object blocking its way, knowing that it moved to reveal an open area behind it, it held out an appendage on its temporary physical body to physically grasp a part of this strange yet tall object. The weird digits at the end of the appendage it could currently control wrapped around a curved object and it managed to twist downwards to unlock the object from its frame. It watched the object swing open into the unknown behind.

After using its new way of viewing this strange world, through only the two strange round organs in the top part of this physical body, it saw that something had changed on its appendage. A liquid that was once inside of the newly acquired body, had managed to escape through a gap a while ago. Yet it was no longer a liquid now, it had turned to a solid. It had maintained its shape on the body part but it was now darker and small cracks had started to form from where the body part moved.

As the object in front of it made a strange noise as it moved away, its attention was brought back to the world outside the body and had that irresistible urge to continue forwards again, as if something inside was of interest. Something alluring. It saw two larger full bodied figures standing in the shadows. They both stopped communicating using sounds and looked around at itself.

One of the physical beings was taller than the other, it had a strange matt of something on its top that apparently all of these physical creatures had in this world. The taller one had a slightly longer matt on its top than the other. Yet they were both the same colour. It knew there were some that had different colours. Other than that, they look similar. Both had two appendages coming out of their bodies, much like the acquired body it currently occupied and both stood on top of two long thin appendages that it had recently discovered were used for moving around.

However, before it was able to get closer to these physical beings to investigate them more, something strange happened. A large invisible force hit the physical body it was in and knocked it backwards. It was a strange feeling, being knocked backwards yet holding the same shape. The physical body it was inhabiting was knocked so far back that it hit a large object. The large object was one of those strange perfectly straight structures to create a barrier between open spaces. But as soon as it hit it, the physical body it was in slouched and it felt something like that same liquid it had seen, fall down from the top most part of the body and trickle down onto another part of the body and the barrier behind it.

It suddenly left the temporary body, releasing its own natural gaseous being back into the world, after realising it apparently was unable to use it anymore. It was a short-lived experience, but it was certainly a strange experience, similar to how the collective had previously explained.

But once it did so, one of the large physical bodied beings moved towards it while it was now in its natural form. It looked as if it was going to throw something at it, so it used it natural and thankfully easily movable body to escape out of the space it was in and leave by contorting its gaseous body through the minute gaps between the atoms in the barrier and hopefully as far away from those physical beings as possible. It knew it was one of those physical beings that it had seen in its own world, it wasn't much different except they could change their physical bodies and had mastered the transcendent forces more. They weren't nice beings though, they always tried to hurt The Legion.

***

Mammon

"What was that?" asked the shorter of the two men, nervously. He held a hand up in his slightly messy brown hair in apparent nervousness as he peered down the corridor to see the limp body of a young boy.

"Forget about that, it's nothing important," said the other man, turning around to face the other. His hair was slightly longer, but the same brown shade and he wore an annoyed look upon his face, possibly from being interrupted. His eyes, however were dark and inhumanly black.

They had just been interrupted by a door opening and a strange young boy had come towards them acting strangely. His face was pale and sunken, and he had spots of dried blood over his face and hands. But the taller of the two men clearly had no patience for being interrupted and did something to knock the boy unconscious. He had flown backwards right across to the other side of the corridor and hit his head on the wall behind, blood trickled down the back of his head and drip down onto his shoulder and the wall behind.

What happened next, however, shocked the second man. He had lived through some strange things in his time. Things that were mostly found in story books. But thanks to the way he was raised, he knew better. But when a strange clouded figure rushed out of the boy's body and instantly vanished through the wall never to be seen again, he had chills down his spine.

"Is that boy... dead?" he asked, his olive coloured eyes looking up at the second man in shock.

"Oh for goodness sake... yes, it was possessed! I killed the host so The Legion left us alone! Now get back to helping me!"

The second man nodded reluctantly and followed the first back into the room he was originally in, getting back to the conversation that he was having in the first place before they were interrupted. Although he was still unsure about what had just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter, please don't forget to vote at the bottom. I helps me know if people like it and I feel the love!

Thank you. :)